Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

corsa exhaust

nlreb54

Corvette
1998 C5 White Coupe
Should I install an x pipe when I change out the stock mufflers to a corsa system on my 98? Are there any performance gains with the x pipe or just reducing the popping noise? I dont really notice any popping now unless it is due to mine being an auto transmission and not downshiftng a manual transmission.

Thanks for the assist!:beer

Install the x-pipe at the same time, you won't regret it. The motor boat gurgle at idle will be gone, and the decel popping will be almost non-existent. The xpipes were not available when I had my Indy's installed, but when I installed the X-pipe the improvement was very noticiable. You won't get any hp gains out of the xpipe, probably just a slight bump of 5-10HP from the cat backs.
MAC

I chose not to install the x-pipe. I like the popping on decel and the burble at idle. Secondly, corvette tuners will readily agree that the x will at a little at the top end but decrease low end torque due to diminished back pressure. Chevy small blocks like a little back pressure. I don't really care about top end but love the low end grunt. Of course, it's fun to talk about all this stuff, but do we ever really notice these subtleties in the real world? Your guess is as good as mine. It probably comes down to who has the heavier foot and the biggest b...s.

FWIW, my highly regarded muffler guy told me to forget about the X-pipe when I had my Pace Cars installed; no advantage to it. And I agree with Pac-man; y'gotta have some back pressure or you will lose the low end. A lack of back pressure will actually hurt you in normal driving conditions.

thanks every one I am going with the corsa pace without the x pipe. I am soooo excited I cant stand it till I get it installed. My other half is getting tired of hearing the corsa sounds from their web site.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom