Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Corsa Power-Pulse on '91

powerlifter

Corvette
1991 ZR-1
I'm considering catback systems and have been told by a few that the Corsa systems don't resonate (at least not much!).

I don't expect much HP increase but certainly don't want a decrease. Anyone have experience with these on a '91???

Thanks in advance

I've driven a 90 with headers/no cats/corsa's on the highway for a number of miles home from BG and it did not drone at all. I don't like the sound of the corsa system myself.

Bar none the best exhaust in my opinion. No resonance, nice crack at WOT and it is very docile at idle for neighbor relations.

I'm running mine with Open headers. Wouldn't trade this exhaust for anything.

Ahhh Man...you guys are killing me !!

I have Watsons and Flowmasters on my 91 and it's just too dam loud, especially on long trips. I have been very tempted to buy a Corsa system but hesitate because some say that the system sounds like crap on an LT5. A pal of mine with a GS (LT4) loves his Corsa system.

Anyone have a sound clip I could hear? Geeze this is a tough decision !!
\Dan

RedZR said:
Ahhh Man...you guys are killing me !!

I have Watsons and Flowmasters on my 91 and it's just too dam loud, especially on long trips. I have been very tempted to buy a Corsa system but hesitate because some say that the system sounds like crap on an LT5. A pal of mine with a GS (LT4) loves his Corsa system.

Anyone have a sound clip I could hear? Geeze this is a tough decision !!
\Dan
I have found very few people that have said it sounds liek crap. There are two that I can think of in the ZR-1 community.

But ask and ye shall receive. Clip was done before I did the 368. SO mods are P&P top end, headers, and Corsa no cats.

It is a large file

http://www.pnwzr1.net/Videos/Jeff_Vett_1.avi

Jeff,

Any popping noises on decelleration ?

Thanks,
Dan

I'm running CORSA on my 92 - LOVE THEM.

My cats are gutted so I get a little pop once in a while on decel thanks to the gutted cats. I think straight pipes, instead of gutted cats would stop that.

When a car pop's or on decelleration just mean's that the fuel decell in the chip need's to be tweaked.

I prefer the sound and performance of the 3" B&B with resinator and cats.
Other opinion's will vary.

Not to hijack the thread, but has anyone heard the Magnaflows? I think they sound great; almost exotic. I think Jeff's car sounds pretty awesome, but I have heard that a 3" setup on 368's wakes them up well. I was thinking of trying to get a custom 3" setup with Magnaflows at the end, but it looks like I will be delaying that project for the time being. Good luck whatever you decide.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom