Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Corsa Sport Exhaust

lbates

Corvette
2005 Millenium Yellow Coupe
I just purchased Corsa's Sport Exhaust for my 2005 C6. Anybody had experience with this system? Comments? I can't wait to have them installed.

I have the sports on my 06 A6. I love them. I wanted a system with NO drone !!!! I think you made the right choice. :beer

BlackZ51Vett,

Thanks for the response. I was hoping to hear that. Is the idle and acceleration tone noticably throatier than stock?

It is louder than stock at idle/acceleration/cruise but not overpowering. You can still carry on a normal conversation inside without having to raise your voice.

Got the Corsa's installed this weekend and couldn't be happier. Looks and sounds are great.

I installed the Corsa Sport system on our C6, It's great.....

I did the same and was greatly surprized at the difference. Was really impressed with the cruise no drone at all. Idle is simply terriffic let alone acceleration. I think you made a wise choice. I went one step further and installed a Callaway Honker CAI system. My baby just goes. Good Drives my friend.

I really enjoy my Corsa Sports. However, I do not think the system is as loud at WOT as the Corsa Pace Car system of the C5. I've had both.

All of the other comments about quiet at cruise and no drone are accurate with both systems. It also installs very easily. The most difficult part is lining up the tips.

Randy, Not having had the pace car version I cannot compare as you have. But according to Corsa you are right.
I still have not ever got my tips aligned as should be. Any pointers?

Randy, Not having had the pace car version I cannot compare as you have. But according to Corsa you are right.
I still have not ever got my tips aligned as should be. Any pointers?

I only had the Corsa Sports on for a week, but no matter what I adjusted, I could NOT get the tips where they looked good. I've heard the same thing from a number of Corsa buyers.

My tips are even if you look at them from level behind. However, if you get elevated and look down on them from the rear of the car the center tips are farther to the front than the outer tips.

When I tried to adjust for that, the tips were straight from above but canted from the center downward to the outside when looked at from behind. I banged my head for nearly 2 hours trying to make them even both ways. I just left them even as looking from behind and haven't worried about them since.

A nifty tip for alignment that I saw was to put a short length of 1x4 across the top of the tips and use spring loaded clamps to hold the tips even while tightening. However, I don't know if it helps with the front to rear alignment.

I and my mechanic banged as you did with little luck They still look great but if youlook down you cna see the difference.. He suggested spot welding a bar as you mentioned. I was wondering if any of these aftermarket plates/dividers that go between the two would pull them into alignment.. Most say for factory only but

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom