Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Corvette After Market Warranty

582Boat

Corvette
1999 convertible, 2010 C6
I have a 1999 Corvette Convertable with approximately 75,565 miles, in good condition and no previous engine,fuel,drivetrain,electrical problems, my question is: Are there Companies out there that will sell a warrenty for this vehicle and what experience have members had with warranties. What prices have members been quoted, etc.

When I purchased my extended warranty from GM, it was a requirement that my car had to still be covered under the factory warranty when I bought the extended one. So, I bought it 1 day before the original ran out.

Other companies may have other deals.

Tammy

I have been satisfied with my GMPP warranty coverage on two C5's...(needed to purschase while under existing warranty)

I have heard you can extend the GMPP a second time if you do it 3K miles or 3 months before the first extended warranty. Not sure but thats what I think I'll go for next year as my extended GMPP warranty comes close to ending....

Back to your question..I have heard some good things about Geico warranty coverage.

Not enough to give you any informaiton on it but thought I'd pass the name along for your consideration.

Most aftermarket warranty companies have mileage limits. Warranty Direct, one of the most popular non-GM companies might have a contract for cars with high mileage such as yours, but I am certain that it would be really expensive and more than likely for only limited coverage in both time, mileage and items covered. Since most Corvette owners who puchase extended warranties, buy the GMPP (General Motors) warranty, it would take some inquiry to find out about other companies who warranty higher mileage Vettes. At the very least, your car would have to be inspected by an outside source before any warranty would be issued. Let us know what you find out. BTW, with the good "track record" for your car's problems thus far, you might be further ahead to take your chances and pay out of pocket for any upcoming expenses; it sounds as though you have a pretty much trouble free Vette.

Ron

Warranty Direct requires that you have < 60,000 miles on the odometer.

Also saw posts on Corvette Forum that 1SourceWarranty is being reviewed by state of Hawaii and it sounded as though assets were frozen and claims could not be paid.

Coming up

I am fast approaching the mileage limit on my warranty on my '98 Corvette I bought with 25k miles on it in June of 2004. I wanted to bookmark this thread so that I could return to it after I talk with the warranty company because I intend to extend my warranty if it's possible and cost less than a new Vette MSRP. ;)

We shall see.

Jane Ann

After Market Warranty

Yes I was surprised that Conintental Warranty from CA extended me the oppunity to purchase a Warranty with just over 75,000 miles on my Vette, the cost was to be around $2600 for four years, they didn't explain how many miles they would cover. The problem was, they wouldn't not send me a copy to look over unless I paid by credit card an up front $351.00 that would be refunded if I choose not to take there warranty. I think that I will just save the $2600 and put a little more with it and trade up.

Complete Coverage - No Deductible

The warranty I purchased at the time I bought my '98 is available through dealership sales only - not to the general public. So I spent some time surfing and reading.

I just purchased a Supreme Plus Warranty for my '98 to go into effect at 49,000 miles (the point at which my old warranty ends) from Extended Auto Warranty Corporation. Here is their website: click

I had my car at the shop yesterday and took the coverage printout to Kevin for him to look over. He said it was a good warranty so I bought it.

I checked WarrantyDirect.com, but they do not warranty cars 1998 or older at this time.

A couple of things I liked about this company...

There is no waiting period. If you do not have a current warranty, they send an inspector out to examine/inspect/drive the car and verify the mileage. He then writes a report and notes any issues which presently exist. These issues are noted and are not covered until they're repaired by the owner. But barring that, the car is covered from Day 1.

If a current warranty IS in effect (as it is in my case) there isn't even an inspection. The new warranty simply goes into effect upon termination of the old one.

They pay the bill with a credit card - your mechanic will like that - no waiting for "check's in the mail!"

They're also members of BBB Online and WebAssure.

Friendly folks too. I sent an email inquiry overnight and received a prompt response the following morning from the president of the company answering my question. When I called today with a follow up question the salesman I talked to yesterday was out to lunch so I left a message for him. About 10 minutes later, the president called and introduced himself. He asked if there was something he could help me with. After he satisfactorily answered my questions, we finalized my purchase. And he's a Corvette fan too!

I am admittedly nervous about such a large purchase... in fact, I'm getting butterflies while I write this. Hopefully all will go well. If it doesn't - believe me - my Corvette friends and family here will be the FIRST to hear about it!

From the website:
Supreme Plus Warranty - Complete Coverage*

*may be slight differences based on model year.

[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]Engine:
All internally lubricated parts inclusive of: pistons, crankshaft and main bearings, connecting rods and bearings, camshaft and bearings, timing chain, rocker arms, shafts and bushings, oil pump. The engine block, cylinder heads valve, valve covers, timing cover and oil pan are covered only if damaged by one of the above internally lubricated parts. [/FONT]
[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]Transmission/Transaxle:
All internally lubricated parts contained within the transmission/transaxle case, torque converter and vacuum modulator. The transmission case and pan are covered only if damaged by an internally lubricated part. [/FONT]
[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]Drive Axle:
All internally lubricated parts within the rear differential housing, drive shafts, axle shafts, universal joints, yokes, constant velocity joints, wheel bearings, and carrier bearings. The rear differential housing is ONLY covered if damaged by an internally lubricated part. [/FONT]
[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]Seals and Gaskets:
Cylinder head gaskets and intake manifold gaskets. All other seals and gaskets are covered only in conjunction with a covered repair. [/FONT]
[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]Electrical:
Starter, starter solenoid, alternator or generator, voltage regulator, windshield washer pump, wiper motors, factory installed antenna motor, trunk lid motor, factory installed sun roof motor, ignition control module, power seat motor, window motors, power mirror motors, door lock actuators, speedometer, tachometer, oil pressure gauge, water temperature gauge, convertible top power motor, factory alarm, instrument cluster and factory installed radio. [/FONT][FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]Enhanced Electrical:
Map sensor, mass air flow, throttle position sensor, oxygen sensor, coolant temperature sensor, vehicle speed sensor, camshaft sensor, crankshaft sensor, climate control sensors, electronic control module, climate control module, fuel injection control module, power train control module, cruise control servo/transducer, cruise control module, and cruise control amplifier.[/FONT]
[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]ABS:
Electronic control module, hydraulic pump, accumulator, pressure valve, isolation dump valve, wheel speed sensor, and reservoir.[/FONT]
[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]Air Conditioning:
Compressor, compressor seals, compressor clutch, receiver/dryer, and air conditioning condenser.[/FONT]
[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]Cooling System:
Water pump, thermostat, radiator, electric fan motor, fan & clutch, blower motors, and heater core.[/FONT]
[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]Fuel System:
Fuel pump, fuel pressure regulator, fuel injectors, fuel sending unit.[/FONT]
[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]Brakes:
Master cylinder, vacuum assist booster, brake calipers, wheel cylinders, compensating valve.[/FONT]
[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]Steering:
Steering gear/rack and pinion assembly, power steering pump, steering column shafts and coupling.[/FONT]
[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]Suspension:
Upper and lower control arms, upper and lower ball joints, tie rod ends and struts. Coverage under this section is afforded only after the vehicle has been driven 1500 miles from the purchase date of this agreement. [/FONT]
[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]Labor:
The labor hours to repair or replace all parts covered under this service agreement as defined in the All-Data estimating software.[/FONT]
[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]What is Covered (for applicable vehicles only):

Four Wheel Drive - All internally lubricated parts contained within the transfer case, all internally lubricated parts within the front differential housing, and locking hubs. Both the transfer case housing and the front differential housing are covered only if damaged by an internally lubricated part.
Turbo/Supercharger - All internal parts within the turbo/supercharger housing only. [/FONT]
[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]Convenience Coverage:

1. Rental - Extended Auto Warranty Corp. will reimburse the customer up to $30.00 per day, for a maximum of five days, only if the labor for repairs exceeds 8 hours [published industry standard time to repair or replace the covered part(s)], on repairs covered by this contract. Downtime waiting for parts or scheduling for service is not included. Receipts will only be accepted from Licensed Rental Car Agencies.

2. 24 Hour Roadside Assistance:
For assistance please call
1-800-451-0459
. Coverage is as follows:

Towing Assistance - When towing is necessary, vehicle is towed to nearest service facility within 150 miles.
Battery Boost - If battery failure occurs, a jump-start will be applied to start the covered vehicle or transport you to purchase a new battery if needed.
Flat Tire Assistance - Driver will change and mount your spare, or transport you to nearest tire store for repairs.
Gasoline - Driver will provide purchaser with two gallons to get you on your way.
Lock-Out Assistance - If Your keys are locked inside of Your Vehicle, We will provide assistance in gaining entry to Your Vehicle or provide a locksmith if needed.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif][SIZE=-1]** Coverage purchased for an additional cost (included for all online consumers at no additional charge!) [/SIZE][/FONT]

You might try "Interstate National" 1-800-942-0400. I've heard you can get the "HITECH" coverage if you have less than 80K for around $2400/2 yr or 24K.
:beer:w

Jane Ann,
Marvelous information. That sounds really good.
Please keep us posted on how it turns out.

Tammy

MsSchroder said:
Jane Ann,
Marvelous information. That sounds really good.
Please keep us posted on how it turns out.

Tammy

I will post more information as it becomes available through my dealings with them. Nothing would please me more than to be able to post a recommendation to CAC members that these are stand up kinda folks. ;)

Stay tuned for further developements...

:w Jane Ann

jrose7004 said:
I have never heard of a company that will write a warranty on a car with mileage that high!
I have a Warranty Co. that will cover a Non commercial Vehicle for 5 years or 100,000 miles From the time it is written!! Dose not go in to effect 90 day's or 3,000 mi. Surcharge for 4x4, Corvette,and Exotics,and Motor homes. Must Keep Service records 4mo 4000 mi. This must be done or they will not Pay !! Can do own service but must keep all recites and a Log of times and Miles!! Only covers Internally Lubricated Part's, Engine,Tran's,Differential,Tranfer Case, and Drive axle's!! No electronics No Air Conditioning, I have had only 1 customer have to use it in 8 year's!! I sold a Old's Bravada with 74,000 mi. and they Paid to put a new Transfer Case in at 138,000 mi and a Automatic Transmission at 163,000 mi. I normally have this Included in price of Vehicle!! But, I can Sell this to anyone!! I don't have to sell them a Vehicle!! And there's a few vehicles that they won't Cover!! And there is No Deductible!! :upthumbs junk!!
http://www.frontiermotors.biz/WarrantyPrograms.html "Please Excuse My Web site I need to Up Date it!!"

Extended Warranty

dr.wells2@sbcglobal.net said:
I have a 1999 Corvette Convertable with approximately 75,565 miles, in good condition and no previous engine,fuel,drivetrain,electrical problems, my question is: Are there Companies out there that will sell a warrenty for this vehicle and what experience have members had with warranties. What prices have members been quoted, etc.

I bought my 2000 from a Chevy Dealer and the original warranty had already expired. I purchased the extended warranty and it saved me a ton of money. LS1 engines (maybe others) have a problem with piston slap when they are cold. Mine was considered excessive and Chevy replaced all the pistons under the warranty. This was about $4000 to $5000 worth of work if I had paid for it myself. I paid the $100 deductable instead. The policy also covered a rental car while the Vette was being fixed. The car runs great and the savings is more than twice what the policy cost and there are still over two more years to go.

Check with the Chevy dealer. They might sell it to you.

rwpeders said:
The car runs great and the savings is more than twice what the policy cost and there are still over two more years to go.

Check with the Chevy dealer. They might sell it to you.
RW, check your policy. Time starts when the policy is issued but mileage is accumulative from zero. You may not have as much warranty left as you think.

I purchaed a 5 yr / 60K warranty in 1/ '04 which will expire in 1/'09. The car had 19,500 miles on it so the net mileage is 40,500 to be added to the original 19,500.

Today I have 45,000 actual miles on the car but like you have three more years left. Looks like I'll come up short sometime in '07 or '08.

Btw, mine is also a Dark Bowling Green Metallic 2000 - but a coupe. :w

Tom

dr.wells2@sbcglobal.net said:

Warranty direct has a rock solid reputation and many vette drivers use it. It's THE ONLY one I would consider besides GMPP.

Alex D said:
Warranty direct has a rock solid reputation and many vette drivers use it. It's THE ONLY one I would consider besides GMPP.

And since you have a 2004 they would sell you a warranty. They may even sell a warranty to a 1999 owner, but anything 1998 or older they don't sell warranty coverage - no matter how low the mileage. I checked them too.

:w

I am posting this information in case someone reading this thread would qualify for this coverage. They only cover 2000 and newer with less than 55,000 miles.

I used Dealers Assurance Company for my 96. Fabulous coverage. $100 deductible and they pay dealer with a credit card. I used this warranty many times after my 3yr/36,000 mile original GM warranty expired. NEVER any issues with fixing any problems with my Vette. Coverage was basically bumper to bumper excluding any interior problems that were not mechanical or electrical. No leather warranty but would fix power seat or lumbar bags. No interior trim problems but radio, dash, power locks or windows etc. were covered.

Good luck in your search!

Save The Wave! :w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom