Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Corvette and Caddilac

Are you refering to the Cadicllac XLR? The XLR and the Corvette are closely related. The XLR shares the same chassis as the Corvette. The two cars are so simmilar that when the XLR was in production it was built on the same assembly line as the Corvette, in Bowling Green.
:thumbs Jason

Jason,

You are correct in that there are a lot of similar components, but the XLR had it's own section of the plant where it was assembledin the Bowling Green plant. They didn't run down the same assembly line as the Corvettes. At maximum production only eight XLR's were built per day. Most of this was 'hand built' type procedures. The engines are hand built Northstars, and shipped to Bowling Green. The retractable hardtops also come completely assembled to the plant and installed on the vehicle. The last production XLR rolled off the line on April 30, 2009--a sad day in Cadillac history.

Both are the finest automobiles GM has ever produced IMO.

Zo6 / 09 cts

Is the caddilac and the corvette related an have similar components?
I have an 06 zo6 that i love and a couple months ago i bought a 09 CTS ,qite the car. I don't know about the related parts, but this car is pretty good. great price 0 finance and all

Don't believe many Vette parts are shared by the CTS, most of the part sharing was with the discontinued XLR.

The most important parts of all Caddys come from GM's parts bin, except for the Northstar V8, which was Caddy developed, but used in other lines. The high tech V6 used in the CTS was exclusive to Cadillac for a year or two, but has migrated all the was down to the Aura , Malibu etc. The chassis is shared, and bits and pieces are also shared. Why develop exclusive trivial parts? Basic technology is almost always shared across product line.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom