Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

"Corvette by Chevrolet"

jrose7004 said:
I always get in turn the key wait for the gauges to peg and return to 0 then start the engine and wait for the oil pressure to come up before putting it in gear. The Corvette message comes up as I turn the key and before I start the engine!:w
Me too!

68Roadster said:
Now we just need a way to personalize it.....plug in and add your own message.

Corvette by Chevrolet.........Payment book by the Bank..........
you can do that on the C-6

jwawhite said:
I have the same sort of problem but in another area.
Why is it that my "memory" for the seat, etc. works and at other times it doesn't? When it doesn't, I just hit Memory 1 and the settings work.
What am I doing when the ignition key does and does not initialize the memory settings?
My vette is garaged so I don't have to lock it when done enjoying it. But....if you don't lock the doors the next time you get in you will need to press the memory button to have seats and everything else come to your setting. Sooo what I do is pull in garage,turn off car,lock doors then unlock and exit. This way when you get in and key is put in everything happens. It's magic I say!

jrose7004 said:
My Mother always told me that I shouldn't play with my DIC!:L
But we never listen to our mothers...right? :L

jwawhite said:
I have the same sort of problem but in another area.
Why is it that my "memory" for the seat, etc. works and at other times it doesn't? When it doesn't, I just hit Memory 1 and the settings work.
What am I doing when the ignition key does and does not initialize the memory settings?

I have the same problem. When my drivers door swings open more than about half way, I loose all power to the door. I checked this by opening the door at night and the lighted switches go out. I beleive that the left door module looses it memory when I open the door after unlocking. If I lock and unlock after the door is closed, then the memory sets to my settings when I put the key in.

In my 98 coupe, you have to be in the car with door completely closed if the door happens to be at first latch the memory doesn't work. also you must put the key in the ignition after the door is closed. then without pushing memery button the seat only goes back to the position it was in the last time the key was removed. My owners manual explained this all to me.....oohhh that wasn't nice.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom