Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Corvette Development

Yoda

Administrator
Corvette
1981 UL5

"If you had the opportunity to meet with the Corvette Development team and provide general feedback about your Corvette or what you would like to see for future Corvettes, what would you say?"

In 1967 Corvette built the XP-880 "Mid-Engine" Astro II; then in 1970 they built the XP-987GT "Mid-Engine Astrovette". Has Corvette done any further research with the "Mid-Engine" design, or is this a dead issue at Corvette?

Plate100.jpg

Rare81 said:
In 1967 Corvette built the XP-880 "Mid-Engine" Astro II; then in 1970 they built the XP-987GT "Mid-Engine Astrovette". Has Corvette done any further research with the "Mid-Engine" design, or is this a dead issue at Corvette?

Plate100.jpg

Zora was always pushing for a mid-engine Corvette, right? And GM kept shooting it down...
I'm sure American gearheads (racing aficionados?) at least, would love such a vehicle. But will we pay for it; you know it'll cost much more money. ;)

I think the Corvette should have the infra red night vision that is now offered on some cadillacs.

wasn't the Corvette Indy aka CERV III prototype a mid-engine design as well? you can see pictures of the prototypes at:

http://www.idavette.net/prototyp.htm

I would like to ask if GM is ever going to give the Big block another chance. Could you imagine a vette with an offshoot of the new 8.1L (496 ci) truck engine? wow :)!

Not sure but

There have been some really good replies to this thread, but I think some of the responses could be seperate threads. Max your question about the Big Block could be an essay in itself. Pretend the GM Corvette Engineers are sitting across the table from you. This is your chance to ask them questions about the Corvette ;)
Plate100.jpg

The original post.

Sorry, I screwed this up from the start when I responded with what would appear to be answering for the developement team. :eek:
I will have to think about this a little more, but initially my request would be to make things easier to access. :D

The Astro II Iis awesome looking, but I wish they'd stuffed a couple of small radiators on either side at the front of the engine. This wouudl have allowed the engine and the rear wheels to be positioned further toward the back of the body. Less overhang equals less inertia from parts hanging way out there.

If you want to see the closest thing to what a mid-engine Vette should be, take a look at the Mosler MT900S. http://www.moslerauto.com/ I'd love to show up for my Corvette club meeting driving one of these Vette-powered beauties!!! I think Mosler scopped GM styling by a good 10 years with this one. If he only had the bucks to develop (refine) the car the way GM could....

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom