Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Corvette Jack Lifting Pucks, 1997-2005

Pseudomind

Corvette
2002 MY Roadster
Am I reading this correctly? I have not seen this as a jack lifting point for the C-5 in the owners manual.

Yet I have come across a few links which seem to indicate that one can use these pads

Corvette Jack Lifting Pucks, 1997-2005

and then place a jack under the pad on the rocker panel sides and then jack up the car. Is this possible without damage?

Yep - They work great...

42076.jpg

I remove the metal lifting pad on my floor jack and lay a real hockey puck in it's place.

Later . . . . . .
6 Shooter

So it is OK to use these and lift from underneath the rocker panels? Unless I overlooked it in the Owner's manual, the only jack points I see listed there are the two under the motor and the two near the rear leaf spring.

Just make sure you find the slots where they fit and you will be OK.

You don't actually lift from the rocker panels. There are slots in the frame rail (2 per side) that runs parallel to the rocker panel. One is approximately in line with the front of the front door panel. The rear one (I think -doing this from memory) is slightly (6 inches?) in front of the front of the rear wheel wheel. Without the pucks, you run the risk of the jack putting pressure on the rocker panels because of the lack of clearance. Just wanted to make sure you weren't thinking you could actully lift off of rockers.

04cmnthru said:
You don't actually lift from the rocker panels. There are slots in the frame rail (2 per side) that runs parallel to the rocker panel. One is approximately in line with the front of the front door panel. The rear one (I think -doing this from memory) is slightly (6 inches?) in front of the front of the rear wheel wheel. Without the pucks, you run the risk of the jack putting pressure on the rocker panels because of the lack of clearance. Just wanted to make sure you weren't thinking you could actully lift off of rockers.

This is the first mod I did to my Vette as soon as it arrived new from Kerbecks....you don't even need those crappy little pucks:L

Designed to protect your body work from "high center" situations like this. Check the underside of your rocker panels. If they show signs of scraping - you NEED these!
Made of T6061 Aluminum, these rails mount just inboard of the rocker panels directly to the frame. Your rocker panels are now protected from unsightly and expensive damage. Counter sunk on the top side to clear factory rivets and bolt heads and on the bottom so the stainless attaching bolts are flush. The front is also slightly curved up to follow the contour of the frame and to eliminate the chance of catching the end on any obstacle. A " Must Have" on any C5 and a perfect compliment to our frame savers. Simple bolt on installation.
rails-yellowcar.jpg

--THIS MONTH'S SPECIAL--
Reduced prices on Frame Savers, Rocker Rails, and Frame Saver / RockerRail Combo
Save an additional $20.90 with the Rocker Rail - Frame Saver Combo $109.00
$89.95 $69.95 Special Sale Price!

aa-rr Rocker Rails $69.95
fs-rr-combo Frame Saver -Rocker Rail COMBO $109.00

rails-redcar.jpg

(Shown making contact)

Keep your front undercarriage (and your driveway) protected from those awful scrapes when entering and exiting. These are a "must have" on any C5. Particularly if your car is lowered. Driveways you used to avoid altogether are now no problem. Tough nylon wheels in sturdy steel brackets are attached to the front skid bars. Barely noticeable, they are there to protect your investment at all times. You’ll wonder how you got by without them!

Read the reviews on Corvette Forum
Click here to see actual installation pictures.
$79.95 $59.95 Special Sale Price!

aa-fs Frame Savers $59.95
You can jack anywhere without damaging the rocker panels:D

....and these frame savers are a must...

framesaver1.jpg

...or go to ......AandACorvette.com .....and look for yourself:upthumbs

We sell them to all GM dealers but you can make your own too...

In you opinion, where is the best place to order a set of pucks from? I would imagine one would need at least four for a complete car lift?

Honestly the Ecklers link beats our price for four... Our pucks are a different style though. My database is down now so I cannot look at our price... :CRASH

However, I have a set and have never used them. I always use my low profile floor jack and a piece of wood to lift mine from the front or rear. Now if I had a lift, that would be different and I would use them for sure.

:bang

Pseudomind said:
What do you sell? The pucks or the frame rails?

Its "frame savers" or "rocker rails"...frame savers are the little wheels you put on the skid bars....rocker rails art the aluminum rails that run along the frame under the rocker pannels so you don't need the SCHMUCKPUCKS:L

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom