Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Corvette part of Commercial 12/31/03

L

LongTimer

From Kaosinla. :
Quote:
Pics 6 and 13

http://www.detnews.com/2003/autosinsider/0312/19/a01-13577.htm
Looks like red to me, but wait I must be wrong because their not producing red.....

Also, here's a partial of the NY TIMES article on the American Revolution Campaign.

"The company will introduce "Car Carrier" - an ad directed by the feature film director Michael Bay ("Bad Boys II," "Pearl Harbor," "Armageddon") - as the sole advertiser on "Dick Clark's Primetime New Year's Rockin' Eve" with six 60-second spots. The newlyweds, Jessica Simpson and Nicholas Lachey, hosts of the Los Angeles portion of the show, will arrive in an SSR, Chevrolet's new pickup roadster.

In addition, five 60-second spots will be shown during MTV's "New Year's Eve Pajama Party," and there will be spots on the David Letterman and Jay Leno late-night talk shows, along with two electronic billboard ads in Times Square.

"We wanted to be where the action was," said Kim Kosak, Chevrolet director for advertising. "And if you're going to pick New Year's Eve as your launch date, you better be in Times Square."

There was also a challenge with 10 vehicle introductions. "I don't know if it's ever been done," Ms. Kosak said. "I think it's unprecedented."
The 10 vehicles are the Malibu Maxx, Aveo, SSR pickup roadster, Colorado pickup truck, 2005 Equinox crossover, Cobalt premium small car, Corvette C6, Uplander, HHR crossover and the new Impala.

Every vehicle introduction will bear the "American Revolution" theme but with different taglines and different tones. "Aveo and Colorado are more youthful, Malibu Maxx is more sophisticated and SSR is a little bit more ruckus," Ms. Kosak said. "You have to find that balance of cohesion but individuality for the individual products."

Beginning today, the outdoor board campaign begins in 34 major markets on about 250 boards across the country featuring a yellow SSR.
The "Car Carrier" ad, which was unveiled yesterday, will run exclusively until Jan. 12, when individual vehicle spots will begin. The spot will also run nationwide in movie theaters beginning Jan. 1 and will appear for that day only on Yahoo.

"Car Carrier" has the feel of an action film. It begins with scenes of the new Corvette intercut with a car carrier to a remix of "Magic Carpet Ride" by Steppenwolf. The Corvette loads itself up the ramp of the car carrier as other new vehicles including the Colorado and SSR come into the picture from various settings."

Just an add on... According to the Wall Street Journal (today) .The first Revolution commercial will show shots of all cars including the C6 Vette. Each car climbs onto the car carrier at a high rate of speed with the SSR executing a tire smoking spin to back onto the carrier. I would guess that is why we saw those spy shots with the Vette on the car carrier. Looks as though Chevy is back pushing performance!!!!! I cant wait!!!!:Steer

Note: I love the look of the SSR, but I wonder what engine they used to smoke the tires on the 4800 lb beast.

Probably a Pentium 4 Longtimer!!!;LOL :m

what's this I hear about a new impala??

Holy Crap! I mean, I didn't think they were coming out with that thing for another 2 years............(. . .now that I think about it, I read that in late 2002. . .:SLAP )

I'm still trying to make sense of all this, however...
. . . .Are you saying that they will introduce all 10 cars at the exact same time, in the exact same commercial???:confused

Anyway, this really kicks ass. You know, It's amazing how fast the time goes by. I mean, It's almost 2004 already...Holy Crap.
It's like, when the beginning of each new month arrives, you know it's going to be gone before you know it and it will the next month and you'll be like, "Damn, It's December already?? Wasn't it just October??" And then while your still trying to figure out where the time went, it will be fuggin' January, and you'll be like, "WTF!!!"

So don't be counting down the hours until they show that commercial, because then it will seem like forever. Just go about your business, enjoy the moment and it will be here before you know it.

Now that our journey is almost over, I've found myself reflecting upon this past year (2003 went by so fast, I still can't believe it) and everything that I've experienced. This has been a very big deal to me because I am only 16, and exactly one year ago I began this quest to quench my thirst for knowledge about, not neccesarily the C6, but future car models that weren't known to a broad audience. And I have learned SO much. . . . seriously. I started searching for info on 'google' search, plugging in kewords like,"2005 Impala" or "Next-Generation Mustang", and HOPING that I would stumble on something...anything that would point me in the right direction.
It seems like that was like 3 months ago but It was over a year.
And Now, I look at how far I have really come since then, and it doesn't even seem real.

ANYWAY....

It's been fun. It has been a once in a lifetime experience. It still amazes me how a single vehicle can affect so many people. Forums like this one are a true testament how dedicated and passionate enthusiasts are to the CORVETTE.

HAIL, SIR ROB!!! ;worship

VIVA LA CORVETTECENTER.COM!!! :CAC

and,

SAVE THE WAVE!!!!!:Steer :beer :w

budweisert said:
what's this I hear about a new impala??

Holy Crap! I mean, I didn't think they were coming out with that thing for another 2 years............(. . .now that I think about it, I read that in late 2002. . .:SLAP )

I'm still trying to make sense of all this, however...
. . . .Are you saying that they will introduce all 10 cars at the exact same time, in the exact same commercial???:confused

No. A careful review of the list includes a new model of the already released Malibu and the SSR that is already out there as is the Aveo. The rest of the cars are scheduled to be released suposedly over the next year. The HHR looks pretty cool, and attainable, to me.

We have digital cable and my son has suggested that we record the commercial on the DVR, play it back on the computer and post it. I'm not sure if my skills are up to the task, nor am I certain that, as 1/10th of a 1 minute commercial, it would be all that informative to us here. However, we will give it a shot and see how far we can get.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom