Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Corvette Production Disruptions

Corvette Junkie

Corvette
2008 Black/Red/Black Convertible

Date: December 15, 2005

Subject: Corvette Production Disruptions

Coupe and Convertible Production

The wheel supply for Corvette has experienced significant disruption. Unfortunately, this situation has caused GM to make several adjustments affecting wheel options, production volumes and production schedules. Many orders may need to have wheel selections changed based on wheel availability. Since timing is critical, and current wheel supply is uncertain, Order Fulfillment / Distribution is unable to follow the normal process of returning orders to dealers for necessary changes. Regrettably, polished wheels will not be available from our new supplier. This will force us to change all orders scheduled to be built after 1/3/06 to Silver Painted wheels. The much anticipated Chrome wheel option will be postponed until late spring production. Any substitution of a lower cost wheel will be reflected in a reduced MSRP and invoice. Additionally, overall wheel availability may delay production dates of "In System" orders.

Z06 Production

The impact to Z06 production is still undetermined as is the future availability of the polished wheel option. Some orders may need to have wheel selections changed based on wheel availability. As is the case with Coupe and Convertible, wheel availability may delay production dates of "In System" orders. Dealers will be advised of their future Z06 allocation outlook as soon as production schedules can be solidified.

Summary

As orders are changed, Order Fulfillment will notify affected dealers via GM Messenger. Order Guides, GM AutoBook and Order Workbench will be changed as soon as practical to reflect the change in wheel options.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and disappointments this situation may cause you and your customer(s).

Corvette Junkie said:

Date: December 15, 2005

Subject: Corvette Production Disruptions

Coupe and Convertible Production

The wheel supply for Corvette has experienced significant disruption. Unfortunately, this situation has caused GM to make several adjustments affecting wheel options, production volumes and production schedules. Many orders may need to have wheel selections changed based on wheel availability. Since timing is critical, and current wheel supply is uncertain, Order Fulfillment / Distribution is unable to follow the normal process of returning orders to dealers for necessary changes. Regrettably, polished wheels will not be available from our new supplier. This will force us to change all orders scheduled to be built after 1/3/06 to Silver Painted wheels. The much anticipated Chrome wheel option will be postponed until late spring production. Any substitution of a lower cost wheel will be reflected in a reduced MSRP and invoice. Additionally, overall wheel availability may delay production dates of "In System" orders.

Z06 Production

The impact to Z06 production is still undetermined as is the future availability of the polished wheel option. Some orders may need to have wheel selections changed based on wheel availability. As is the case with Coupe and Convertible, wheel availability may delay production dates of "In System" orders. Dealers will be advised of their future Z06 allocation outlook as soon as production schedules can be solidified.

Summary

As orders are changed, Order Fulfillment will notify affected dealers via GM Messenger. Order Guides, GM AutoBook and Order Workbench will be changed as soon as practical to reflect the change in wheel options.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and disappointments this situation may cause you and your customer(s).

Thanks junkie! Nice job GM. What happened?

Looks like my 06 coupe order got snagged in the wheel constriction issue. I ordered polished wheels. My dealer tells me that my car was initially scheduled for production this week but we now we hear that it is not scheduled at all. The order has been accepted though.

Oh well, maybe next year.

I talked with the wife and she says I can start looking for an aftermarket wheel to replace the silver painted wheels I should get if I ever get a car.

Been waiting since Aug. 3 for my coupe with QX3 to be built. Dumped the chrome wheel option, and looks like order may now start moving. Still, over 6 months bloody wait.....

Well, my car was built the week before Christmas. Got the VIN and I got the polished wheels. Now it's time to set up the NCM delivery date.

It's about a month later than I wanted but I can live with that.

So does that mean the polished wheel option is now doable?

Tuna said:
Well, my car was built the week before Christmas. Got the VIN and I got the polished wheels. Now it's time to set up the NCM delivery date.

It's about a month later than I wanted but I can live with that.

Does your experience mean that the polished wheels can now be ordered by anyone? Or were you just lucky and hit the jackpot? Additionally, did you order the Z51 option? What else did you get on it?

It's been my dream for the past year to order one with the Z51, dual tops, 3LT, Onstar, Satellite radio ( included with 3LT), Chrome Wheels ( or if still unavailable the polished aluminum ones) DSOM with Cashmere Interior. I do NOT want the Navigation system as I feel if you don't know where you're going in a C6, you probably shouldn't be driving it. Additionally, it's another distraction that I probably do not need.

However, the daughter needs to still go to college, the house needs a new kitchen, and I'm still convincing the wife that I need this vehicle, or I'll become very sick and die! In the meantime, I'll have to dream on and drink vinegar when I visit with my brother who's Carrera 911 S will be built tomorrow (his birthday no less!)

My friend ordered a 50th 2003 Z06 and did the NCM delivery like you're planning and he said it was a memorable experience! Hope yours is too!
Skip

Skip,

My car is a DSOM coupe with MagRide, 3LT, 6-speed auto, the DVD Nav system and polished wheels. I think we just got in the polished wheels option before they went bye-bye. Z51 is still on constraint as far as I know and the wheels are going to be a problem starting today.

I have a DVD nav on my 04 CTS-V and it has come in handy many times. Around town, I never use it but on road trips I use it a lot. I don't find it distracting and the guidance feature can come in handy.

This will be our second NCM delivery. Our first was with a 50th 03 AE vert for my wife. That was a wonderful experience. We always planned on doing it again if we bought another new Vette. So, 3 years and 4 months later, we're doing it again.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom