Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Press Release Corvette Racing claims a GT Le Mans victory at the Acura Sports Car Challenge at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course

Rob

Site Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Corvette
1990 Corvette ZR-1

CORVETTE RACING AT MID-OHIO: Race Win Quotes​

Sep 27 2020

CORVETTE RACING AT MID-OHIO: Race Win Quotes

LEXINGTON, Ohio
(Sept. 27, 2020) – Corvette Racing went wire-to-wire Sunday to claim a GT Le Mans (GTLM) victory at the Acura Sports Car Challenge at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course. Antonio Garcia and Jordan Taylor won for the fourth time this year in the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship with the No. 3 Mobil 1/SiriusXM Chevrolet Corvette C8.R.

The result extended their lead in the GTLM Drivers Championship and Chevrolet’s in the class Manufacturers standings. Corvette Racing won at Mid-Ohio for the ninth time.

Oliver Gavin and Tommy Milner placed second in the No. 4 Mobil 1/SiriusXM Chevrolet Corvette C8.R.

ANTONIO GARCIA, NO. 3 MOBIL 1/SiriusXM CHEVROLET CORVETTE C8.R – GTLM RACE-WINNER: “You always get nervous. Even your teammate is pushing you hard. But it’s another great day for Corvette Racing and going 1-2. It’s a shame that Porsche is not here as we want them back for sure. It was a brilliant job by everyone. Jordan did a fantastic job all day long, getting on pole and then getting a solid lead even if there were a ton of yellows. But when you are in that position, you are in control of the race. The C8.R worked perfectly again today. This ticks off another win for me because I never won here! Let’s see if I can get another one at Atlanta because I’ve never won there, too! Just a great day for Corvette Racing.”

JORDAN TAYLOR, NO. 3 MOBIL 1/SiriusXM CHEVROLET CORVETTE C8.R – GTLM RACE-WINNER: “It was a perfect weekend for our Corvette. I think the 3 Corvette led every session in practice, qualifying and the race. The car rolled off the truck really well. This was one of the tracks where we never tested at, so the preparation by the team really set us up well. We lost the lead early, but I knew we had the fastest car and I wanted to get back by. Once the 4 car made a little mistake, I had to make the most of it. When we got back to the front we could control it from there. It was another great job by everyone at Corvette Racing – five wins for the team and four for us in the 3 car.”

SURPRISED AT SUCCESS OF THE FIRST-YEAR C8.R? “Once we got the first win, that was a little bit of a strategy call. Since then, we’ve been so strong on pace and reliability. That’s just Corvette Racing and the staple of this team. I’m glad to be here and be with Antonio. Today definitely helped us in the championship. Only four to go.”

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom