Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Corvette Resto-mods - Yes or No

What's your view or thoughts about Corvette Resto-mod?

• Total voters
Copper topless

1962-chevrolet-corvette-front.jpg

Some folks just can’t leave well enough alone — in a good way. Take Ward Seifrid’s 1962 Corvette. It started out as a complete basket case, literally a pile of parts stored in the second-story rafters of a commercial building. Despite its dilapidated condition, with a frame in such bad shape that it was not salvageable, “I bought it anyway, primarily because it was titled,” he admits.

www.s.c.com

It doesn't get much better...

1969-chevrolet-corvete-front-side-view.jpg

1969-corvette-ls3-restomod.jpg

1969-corvette-vents.jpg

1969-corvette-interior.jpg

1969-corvette-wheel.jpg

After you read enough stories about what inspires gearheads to buy and build classic cars it often involves exposure at an early age. This is exactly how Wayne Sanchez Jr. got the Corvette bug. As he told us, “I’ve always been an avid Corvette fan. No, not the numbers-matching kind, but I do appreciate those as well.

www.s.c.com

Stock looking as much as possible. It surprises folks that way. :thumb

Attachments

• IMG_0531.jpg
    IMG_0531.jpg
    259.8 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_0603.jpg
    IMG_0603.jpg
    238 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_0608.jpg
    IMG_0608.jpg
    267.7 KB · Views: 151
Back in black...

1959-chevrolet-corvette-front-side-view.jpg

1959-chevrolet-corvette-engine-bay.jpg

1959-chevy-corvette-interior-view.jpg

Corvette actually lost some of its trim for the 1959 model. Even then, the Corvette still looked like a dainty roadster that wouldn’t handle a beating. Over the years, many racers have proven that assumption wrong, but a modern interpretation of this design needs a little more meat on the bones to get the job done.

www.s.c.com

Father and Son...

1-1969-corvette-front-side-view.jpg

The Corvette was just a footnote at that point, but never really forgotten. It was moved to a corner of the business warehouse where it stayed until 2006. “I kept talking about redoing it, but I was so busy with work all the time,” Chris says. “It was a project Dad and I got, and I just wanted to see it through. I felt it needed to be finished, but realized that I was never going to have the time to finish it myself.”

Widebody 1969 Chevrolet Corvette

Blue Beauty - Roadster's Rule...

1963-chevy-corvette-engine-view.jpg

Powering the roadster is a 1986 Chevrolet small-block displacing 355 cubic inches that is equipped with a forged crankshaft and pistons hooked together with Eagle connecting rods. A custom grind ’shaft from Comp Cams opens the valves in the Trick Flow heads, which are topped by an Inglese cross-ram manifold mounting four Weber 44 DCOE carburetors.

www.s.c.com

Another awesome resto...

1962-chevy-corvette-rear-side-view.jpg

1962-chevy-corvette-engine.jpg

1962-chevy-corvette-interior.jpg

It isn’t always not being able to raise enough money that stops a person from buying a collectible Corvette, and that holds true especially if the series under consideration is a C1.

www.s.c.com

Another fine piece of glass...

1959-chevy-corvette-side-view.jpg

Growing up in a sleepy little town in upstate New York in the early ’70s it was a rare moment when what could be considered a true sports car would roll through town.

www.s.c.com

Resto's Rule...

1967-chevrolet-corvette-front-side-view.jpg

1967-chevy-corvette-engine.jpg

To get the power to the pavement, this restomod uses a six-speed TREMEC transmission, built-up with carbon-fiber syncros, a strengthened input shaft and finished with a McLeod dual disc clutch setup.

www.s.c.com

1 fine '58

1958-chevrolet-corvette-rear-view.jpg

1958-chevrolet-corvette-engine.jpg

1958-chevrolet-corvette-front-view.jpg

As for repainting the originally red body, Rod went with a classic ebony hue, a House of Kolor Jet Black, accented by silver coves that complement those trunk trim pieces that he’s so enamored with. Another snag in the buildup was that the painter somehow disappeared into thin air, so Filion had a long-time vendor, Star Side Design, step in and complete the body finish.

www.s.c.com

Rockin’ in Ruby '58 Roadster...

1958-chevrolet-corvette-front.jpg

When you grow up in a small rural town in the Midwest in the ’40s it is easy to relate to agriculture and farming since it is a mainstay of the community. For Jim Stewart of Ord, Nebraska, growing up in a farming community was an adventure, especially since he was captivated by everything mechanical, as well as their inner workings.

www.s.c.com

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom