Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Corvette Rubber???

J

jon81

Hi all;

I'm going to replace the rubber seals (doors, windshield pillars, etc.) in the next week or so.

I am thinking about buying the 9pc kit from Corvette Rubber in Cadillac MI. Anyone had any experiences with this company's products? Good? Bad? Other? I'm looking for OE appearance and fit.

Any other vendors making a quality product I should consider?

Off the topic...

How would you compare the Vette and the Porsches in terms of reliability? We went for the Vette over Porsche as our first "fun" car for a lot of reasons, parts and tech availability among them (a huge local Vette club being another).

My first car was a '72 Super Beetle (back in '78) and I helped pull an engine from a 914 once, so I'm non unfamiliar with these cars. I'm just wondering what they're like 20-some years later!

weatherstrips

I bought several weatherstrips from them at Carlisle last year.I wasn't please with the seals that are at the back of the side window.They are called "door glass rear"in the catalog. They are not soft enough and don't have the correct shape to them to contact the window. The other seals fit just fine.

I have just recently purchased the convertible weatherstripping kit form them and was pleased.

weatherstrip

When 78 was painted, the body shop said they could not get the Corvette Central w'strips to fit, so I returned them and purchased from Ecklers and am very happy with the fit of their w'strip set.
Sil

Metro

Here's another manufacturer for ttopw/s: Metro of Minneapolis. Note: Your local auto parts store/warehouse may already carry Metro stuff for other cars ... ask if they can cut ya a deal on ttopw/s.

http://www.metrommp.com/

JACK:gap

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom