Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

corvette software

regalniz

Corvette
94 Polo Green Convertible w/auto
what exactly do those products like lt-1 edit do. im thinking about getting a laptop for myself and one of those programs would be my first purchase. will it do the following;

1-diagnose. for example, will it tell me the passenger side o2 sensor is bad?
2-give me real time info. like air/fuel mixture, rpms, etc.
3-adjust settings. like temps the fan goes on or shift points.
4-pull codes without grounding the adl port.

any info would be appriciated. would jegs or summit have these programs?

thanks again jon. i guess what i really wanted to know is the limitations of these programs.

Some of the High End programs have no limits but only on the OBD11 computers. The limit comes with the OBD1 mod that you actually read, the kind you would need. It's limited on the information you get and what you can do. You can buy a $10,000 scanner but on the OBD1, your gonna only get so much info. All OBD1's have to disconnect the battery to clear codes, no input from the scanner can be done to the EPROM, etc. I have the "Ease" program and find it very satisfactory but there are many out there and you should investigate them all before you buy.

A lot of the newer notebooks don't offer a serial connection anymore. Anything posted for a USB connection? Nice software though....the WinALDL.

go tohttp://www.akmcables.com for a complete rundown on all the available software programs your car. They offer some good guidance.
I use LT1edit, TunerCat, and dataMaster with my 95, I started with LT1edit 4 years ago but feel that some of the other programs are better supported now.

Gordon
WitchHunter Performance

thanx for the overwhelming info. it'll be a while b4 i'm done researching these products. i gotta get me a laptop first but that'll give me time to check all of these products.

A lot of the newer notebooks don't offer a serial connection anymore. Anything posted for a USB connection

I ran into this problem when I bought a new notebook for my Autotap. You can buy a little adapter that will allow a serial connection to a USB port for about $30 at any computer store.

Lew

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom