Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Corvette stolen from parking lot near Carlisle Fairgrounds during Corvette show

Rob

Site Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Corvette
1990 Corvette ZR-1
Of all the Vettes to take......

Hey - I'm just sayin' I'd grab a new one or a rare/expensive one if I was going to risk hard time:chuckle.

Stolen 93 Vert

I have a 93 vert myself, and while it does not have the 'rare' aqua and white color scheme, it does have the tasteful Polo Green and tan combination that Martha Stewart once commented on enviously.

I better start locking it when I park it. :L

Hard time? :ugh

For car theft? :eyerole

In America? Only if Hillary was ... :rotfl

No Key

Theft is based on probability of getting caught vs reward if not located. Assuming your bright enough to sell vs using it as a daily driver ..........What are your chances of making any money and having a quick sale on a C-4 ? There are a million of them for sale and the lowest priced / sought after among the entire production. Clearly this is not a well planned out caper. Sounds like more of a joy ride than theft. Any chance the owner left the keys in and had someone take it insured at 150% of value ? There is a ton of insurance fraud taking place every day and companies so greedy to take your money they insure at values no one on the street would ever pay.
Just seems too unlikely without a key in hand to drive it away.
Remember this is a 62. Simple ignition that if left unlocked IIRC can be started without even needing a key. Heck I was given a truck without a key and similar ignition, my first one and I had it running in a short time and I didn't know what I was doing at the time. I suspect most people don't insure their cars for what they're truly worth, likely too costly for most. Add a 20 yr ownership and it's likely more a member of the family than a car.

My thoughts.

Last edited:

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom