Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Corvettes at Carlisle 2010: August 27-29 at the Carlisle PA Fairgrounds

Rob

Site Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Corvette
1990 Corvette ZR-1
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
October, 2009

Corvettes at Carlisle 2010: August 27-29 at the Carlisle PA Fairgrounds

The World’s Largest and Most Prestigious Corvette Event to Celebrate the Stars and Stripes

CARLISLE, PA – Corvettes at Carlisle, the world’s largest and most prestigious event celebrating Corvettes will once again celebrate the American Dream of owning a Corvette, August 27-29th at the Carlisle PA Fairgrounds in Carlisle, Pennsylvania. The theme of the 2010 Corvettes at Carlisle event will be a celebration of America, through Corvettes. Corvettes at Carlisle will highlight the uniquely American sports car with two special displays: The Corvette American Flag Tribute and Chip’s Choice featuring Patriotic Themed Corvettes.

In late August, Corvettes at Carlisle will create an American Flag made entirely of Corvettes as a tribute to both the dream and the sports car. This display was first produced in 2008 as the brain child of Lance Miller, Event Manager for Corvettes at Carlisle and Senior Manager of Carlisle Events. Miller has plans to make the Corvette American Flag Display even bigger and better in terms of amount of cars and the layout in 2010: 54 Corvettes bigger, for a total of 158 Corvettes - 57 red, 51 white, 35 blue and 15 silver. “The first flag display was something that I actually dreamt about. I woke up one night and thought what better way to showcase Corvettes than with a giant American Flag, made of Corvettes!” Miller continued, “2008 was our first attempt at the flag and our team did an amazing job. With one display under our belts and even more Corvettes in the flag, I expect this to be truly a breathtaking sight to be seen!” Owners of red, white, blue and silver Corvettes can become a part of the American Flag Display by submitting their information on the Corvettes at Carlisle homepage at www.CarlisleEvents.com.

Lance’s father Chip Miller was co-founder of Carlisle Events and founder of Corvettes at Carlisle. Chip passed away in 2004 from the little known disease Amyloidosis. One of the ongoing themes that Chip instilled into Corvettes at Carlisle, that Lance continues, is Chip’s Choice. Chip’s Choice is a special invitation only display that highlights one aspect of the Corvette hobby. This year’s theme will be Corvettes - America’s Sports Car.

The display will showcase and tell the story of Corvettes that represent the “America” in the Corvette nickname America’s sports car, in every way. One very famous and recognizable Corvette that is already committed to be a part of the 2010 display is a 1965 Corvette Roadster. This particular ’65 was painted as an American flag for the movie Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me (1999 – New Line Cinema). Larry Sachs, owner of the Austin Powers Corvette bought the car in 2005 when he found out it was available from a company who purchased the car directly from the studio that produced the movie through an on-line auction for $121,000. Sachs, a life-long Corvette enthusiast had always loved the car from the first time seeing it on the big screen in 1999. He described the process of falling for the car and eventually owning it, “I saw the car in the movie in 1999 and always wanted to try and get it. I got all excited that it was a ’65 but disappointed when I figured out it didn’t have the 396 engine. But, I thought it was still really cool looking and loved the paint scheme and patriotism of it. I never thought that I would actually own the car one day but when I had the opportunity to buy the car six years later, I wouldn’t leave the guy selling it alone and now it’s mine!”

Owners that believe their Corvette meets the task of representing the good ole’ USA like the ’65 Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me Corvette, should submit their car for consideration on the Corvettes at Carlisle homepage at www.CarlisleEvents.com or by emailing Lance Miller directly at LanceM@CarlisleEvents.com.

In addition to special displays, a who’s who list of special guests from the Corvette world, and a Corvette giveaway, sponsored by ProTeam Corvette - Corvettes at Carlisle will feature a 1960 Corvette reunion, Autocross – sponsored by the Cumberland County Corvette Club, Chip Miller Charitable Foundation Silent Auction, NCRS Gallery X, Installation Alley on the Manufacturers Midway, Downtown Carlisle Corvette Parade, a Corvette Corral with hundreds of Corvettes for sale, Women’s Oasis, Kids at Carlisle Activities and much more. For more information, visit www.CarlisleEvents.com or call (717) 243-7855.

Carlisle Events, host of 10 annual collector car, truck and motorcycle events, attracts more than half a million people to its 102-acre facility in Carlisle, Pennsylvania each year. Included in the annual events schedule are two huge automotive swap meets, three auctions –Spring, Corvette and Fall – and individual specialty shows featuring Corvettes, Fords, GMs, Chryslers, trucks, motorcycles, sport compacts and imports. Founded in 1974 by friends Bill Miller and Chip Miller, the “Cars at Carlisle” shows attract automotive enthusiasts from around the world.

Information about Carlisle Events and Carlisle Auctions is available to consumers via the Internet at:

www.CarlisleEvents.com
www.CarlisleAuctions.com

# # #
Journalist note: Information about Carlisle Events, event listings, auction offerings and the Carlisle Expo Center is available to journalists by phone: Patrick Lemay, (717) 243-7855, ext. 116
# # #​

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom