Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Corvette's Top Speed?

My uncle has one of the 100 1997 SS LT4 Camaro's. it has stainless headers, ram air induction. and the engine was ballanced and blueprinted all from the factory. 330 HP? maybe 350-375 HP

92BlackRose said:
My uncle has one of the 100 1997 SS LT4 Camaro's. it has stainless headers, ram air induction. and the engine was ballanced and blueprinted all from the factory. 330 HP? maybe 350-375 HP

That's what I like about what's under my hood . . . that Pretty Red & Black LT4 !

Top Speed

I got 144 MPH out of mine last week , would have got more but the lines in the middle of the road started to join up which worried me.

Love corvetts!!!!!

vettefront1.jpg

2001 6speed Vette Coupe, tested on a track in spain and measured at 187,5mph (this is an actual measurement, not what the speedo indicates) Was driven by popular Dutch race driver Patrick Huisman.

Marck

Re: top speed

I dunno. I had mine up to 145 in controleld environment and it was still accellerating nicely. Heck, my A4 with G44 does not shift into 4th until 135 mph under WOT. I am sure my car will run 160 realistically, but I have no place to try it out. At 80 mph the engine turns 2,500 rpm in fourth gear in my car...there is no reason it won't hit 5,000 rpm the way it went to 4,xxx on this one run.
sothpaw said:
...is hard to reach in an LT1. It takes a lot of track. I tried it and found
that the 6spd is at 5500rpm at 151 mph. You can't rev it much higher.
And I don't know that 6th gear would help--legend has that top speed
is reached in 5th.

!63 is too high. The LS1 C5's are better aerodynamically and have only
45 more hp; they get to 172 mph or more.

I tried the top end of a C5 auto once. With the convertible top down.
At 142 mph, it starts to pull less--still way more to go!! The C4 feels
this way at 125 or so.

I had my 84 up to 11o the other day but I didn't have enough hiway to get it higher and I am still doing suspension work. However I ran it thru my Drag Racing Analyzer and with the hi flow exhaust it said my top speed should hit 150 even.

:beer

I haven't found a road that can let me top out my vette. So far i hit about 125mph. Which is slow, I have topped out on my Yamaha R1 at what ever the top speed is, around 170mph, its so much easier when you dont' have alot of weight to work with.

Hey Blackrose,

Out on the interstate at 4a.m. and hoping to God some deer didn't blunder out in my path, I got my '93 up to 151mph and it felt it had more to give.

Not a whole lot of time to study the numbers climbing on the speedo or the needle position on the tach at that speed-not with the roadway zooming by in a blur like that.

So when I ticked my eyes down and saw 151mph, I backed off with a BIG smile on my face and a little quiver in my bones. Yeah! Baby!!

vee93

swoosh

Try I-70 at 5am (sunrise) on a Sunday morning.
Watch for police, but there really shouldn't be any.
Problem is: large dist. between exits.

Also, try rt 100 where it splits off from rt 10 by Glen Burnie.
There, you can take a quick off ramp when done.

ive hit 140mph and the car was still pulling like a freight train:_rock

Had my 92 auto with 2.59 gears up to 135 mph indicated. It got there rather quickly and still had more pull left. I chickened out and let off at 135. Things start to happen really quick at that spead and it was not a closed course. No mods to the engine other than K&N air filter.

FX3FX3

162 on the 163???!??!???!

Jeebus!!!!! Did you hit that on the downshot from Genesee to the 8? My god that is fast!

(For those who dont know San Diego, the 163 is a pretty short stretch of highway that has a lot crappy ricers buzzin on it. Coincidentally, it is also the same stretch of freeway that the tank, yes a military tank, high-centered on those Wildest Police Chase shows that you see over and over on TV)

He11, I go regularly 80-90 to work and back between Ocean Beach (Sea World exit) and La Jolla (Genesee) on the 5 (not many police on that stretch).

You would pass me like I was going backwards.

BTW, if you live nearby, we should shoot the "stuff" over a pint one day!:beer

Oh wait, Okinawa is kinda far away...:duh

Top Speed

I guess I'm losing my nerve. The fastest I've ever driven on the street was in the worst handling car I've owned ('72 Chevelle 350ci, TH350). I was 16 years old. My LT1 hasn't seen the high side of 90 since I've owned it but I do enjoy how quick it gets there. She looks like she's going 150 standing still and that's more important to me at this point.

Speed

85 L-98, 152 mph, got left by a nitrous fired Trans AM!!!

Had my 87 4+3 convertible up to 130.

Everyday Vette

My Top Speeds...

Hi All,
Here's a few of my top speeds... Don't forget I live in the UK!!!

1989 Ford Fiesta XR2...

This car had a paltry 1640cc engine. But, it had twin Weber 40 DCNF carburettors, the same as those fitted to 70's Ferrari's!. It had a rally cam, rally exhaust system, twin K&N filters, Facet fuel pump. It was seriously quick for a small car. 0-60 mph was in about 6.3 seconds and it would do 122mph in 4th gear before changing into 5th. In 5th gear I got it up to 133mph before backing off. I reckon if I kept going it might of got up to around 138mph.

1994 Ford Probe 24 valve...

This car is my everday driver and is nice, but doesn't have anything on my Corvette. I had this car full throttle until it would go no faster... indicated speed on the speedo was 128mph. I was well p*ssed off!!!! I thought this car would toast my old Fiesta but it was slower everywhere. Well it was faster than the standard Fiesta XR2 but not faster than my modified XR2.

1982 Corvette...

Hard to tell, because the speedo only goes to 85mph, I can only guess... I reckon on around 110mph. I'm sure it goes a lot faster, especially with the mods I've done but how can I tell?

Cheers
Dazza

Speed

Couple ways to tell: A ticket

One of those god awful radar trailers!

Everyday vette!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom