Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Cost of Garage per sq.ft.????

vettebrett

I am about to start planning my 3 garage garage with a 4 post lift, I want the ceiling to be high enough to park my truck under it and raise the vette. Some quotes I have got are between $22-$33 per sq ft.
I was wondering what some of the cost are running around the country for a custom built garage. And can anyone recommend a good ceiling height for the car to clear the truck????

I had my garage built just over a year ago. I gave the contractor my design and he had to change it a little to meet code, but mostly built what I had designed. I paid almost $35 per square foot then. With the interest rates being a low as they are, I refinanced my house and rolled in the construction cost, now I have a new garage with the same payments I had before.

Be sure to let us know what you do! We love to follow new garage projects. The four-post lift will be really nice. Not really sure how high you would need to go to clear the truck, but you cannot go too high, you will always need the room.

Bill

Without knowing exactly the type of garage or how far you want it taken to completion, I would say the quotes per square foot your looking at are not out of line. You can save money by doing the interior and exterior finish yourself if you have the time and the patience. Most of the expense in finish work (i.e. siding, insulation, drywall) is in labor not materials. As for the cieling hieght, I think you would need at least 12' and make sure your garage door tracks extend to the cieling hieght or they'll be in the way if your lift is just inside the door. Good Luck, Tim

I am about $20 a sq. foot
Doing all the work myself.

detached 30' x 24' with 9 1/2' ceiling
In floor heating, toilet, sink, patio door
floor drain, 6" thick pad, rebar every 12"
16x8' garage door, 32" mandoor

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom