Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

could use some pictures

srs244

Corvette
1978 pace car, 04 CE convert
if anyone is kind enough. the interior restoration of my 78 pace car has begun. since much of the interior was bubba-ized as in replaced with non pace car silver parts, i could use some help. as best as i can tell, whenever something gave up broke or caused a problem at points during my car's lifetime, rather than repair or replace it, it was stripped out, removed, thrown away, then replaced with something from another year vette, but not the right stuff. for instance, my door panels are obviously from the silver interior collector's edition in 82 (i think it was) as there were no power lock buttons mounted in the panels, and no cut outs for them even if the buttons were removed, lol!

if someone has any actual photos of their doors with the panels removed showing power windows and power lock actuators and linkage arms, etc i would really appreciate seeing them. my email is srs244@gmail.com. i can find the harness for the lock actuator (i assume) inside one door, but of course there is no actuator (and i presume none of the necessary linkage for it). on the other door, i can't find any part of an additional harness, and i assume the same holds true of the linkage. i would also like to actually see the mounting for the actuator, etc

Pace Cars have been heavily photographed. You shouldn't have any trouble finding interior several pix. The assembly instruction manual will be a big help since the PC package essentially installed the same are regular production stuff.

FWIW -- 82 CE door panesl are champagne beige, not silver, have contrasting trim, and are one year only.

:)

yeah, i realize there have been loads of photos, but for the most part they aren't "taken apart" type pictures which is why i was hoping someone might have made some while repairing their own car.

as for the the panels on the car (that i removed), i wasn't certain of the year, but i was under the impression that silver was never offered prior to the pace car year, and wasn't offered again for several more years. mine obviously (from the lack of door lock buttons or cutouts) were obviously from something other than a 78 pace car. that was my only point there.

thanks again for the info though.

steve

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom