Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Coupler won't fit after replacing Throttle Body

gmhowe

Corvette
1985 4+3 black cpe & 96 LT1 CE
Replaced my original throttle body with one of the BBK 52 mm ones, but now the coupler from the throttle body to the MAF won't fit on the throttle body. Anybody else have this happen, the catalog did not show I would need a different one. Thanx in advance for any help.

I have the stock coupler with a BBK. No fitment trouble. It is a royal PITA to get on. Try a little light oil on the coupler so it will slide easier. It should fit. I start the bottom on first then work my way around to the top. Loosen the air box side to get more movement if you have to.

Paul G said:
I have the stock coupler with a BBK. No fitment trouble. It is a royal PITA to get on. Try a little light oil on the coupler so it will slide easier. It should fit. I start the bottom on first then work my way around to the top. Loosen the air box side to get more movement if you have to.

My 58mm BBK fits with the stock air intake. Sorry about the artifacts it was 07 degrees outside, it came in yesterday and it was killing me on whether the stock air intake would fit on it.

DSC00842.jpg

Mike

I believe you are going to have more fitment problems than the MAF housing assm. 58mm requires porting the intake manifold

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom