Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Courtesy lights

D95

Corvette
1995 black convertible
On my 95 vert if car is outdoors will the courtesy lights go on? The drivers door has the time delay (approximately 30 seconds) but not the passenger door it just goes on and off immediately after door is closed. In the garage the courtesy lights work. Is this how it was designed? Is this working correctly? Thank you

On my 95 vert if car is outdoors will the courtesy lights go on? The drivers door has the time delay (approximately 30 seconds) but not the passenger door it just goes on and off immediately after door is closed. In the garage the courtesy lights work. Is this how it was designed? Is this working correctly? Thank you

That's normal operation.
The CCM which controls the courtesy lamps monitors the ambient light sensor. In the picture the arrow points to the ambient light sensor. If you cover the sensor with a piece of tape the courtesy lamps should come on when it's daylight out side.

Your car also has a delayed accessories bus. When you shut the engine off and remove the keys, the radio will still work and so will the power windows for 15 minutes or until the door is opened.

Thank you for your reply - I was also concerned that only the drivers door had the delay not the passenger door.

Thank you for your reply - I was also concerned that only the drivers door had the delay not the passenger door.

No delay to turn off the courtesy lights when the passenger door is closed.

Many thanks .This car is usually in the garage so I never really noticed it once it was outside. I thought there was a problem. I noticed you have an 89 but I guess they did not change the operation of the courtesy lights

Last edited:
Many thanks .This car is usually in the garage so I never really noticed it once it was outside. I thought there was a problem. I noticed you have an 89 but I guess they did not change the operation of the courtesy lights

90 was the first year for the CCM. (Central Control Module) The CCM controls and monitors most of the electrical functions such as the Dash Cluster LCD, Odometer, reads the key pellet, contains the alarm, controls the Incandescent and Led dimming etc... Is the master device that communicates with the ECM or PCM, ABS etc... via a serial communications bus.

The 84-89 used a separate module for the courtesy lights. The passenger door has the same 30 second time out as the driver side door. When they went to the CCM obviously the passenger door time out was eliminated.

Thank you again for the explanation. You are very informative and really know your mechanics of the car. A corvette mechanic did not even know the correct answer when I asked him. He said it was a separate module controling it. He did not know that when the car was outside the courtesy lamps would be off during the day.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom