Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Cowl upper vent door replacement

teedawg

Corvette
1969 Black & Gold Coupe
I need to replace the cowl upper vent door on my '69 a/c coupe. Does anyone know how do this? :confused It located right in front of the blower and below the wipers. It closes off the fresh air when the max a/c is on. Any help is appreciated!!!!

The assembly instruction manual (AIM) shows the installation. The door and frame were installed on the cowl before the front clip was bonded on. For some model years, the door mounts from the engine compartment side, for other years, they mount from the backside.

Finding a replacement door in good condition could prove to be a problem.

Good luck.

:thumb

I found a repop from zip. i will look through the manual again. i havent seen anything other than how it's mounted to the firewall. i was hoping for something other than front clip removal. thanks.

I found a repop from zip. i will look through the manual again. i havent seen anything other than how it's mounted to the firewall. i was hoping for something other than front clip removal. thanks.

It's in the Options Section of the AIM; C60 air conditioning. Only factory AC cars got the door. The door screws into a tapping plate.

This might help even though the front clip is off of this car. This one looks like it mounts from the engine side.
rtfender2.jpg

:thumb

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom