Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

cowl vent lever mounting area

CHEV66JB

Corvette
'59 Corvette #5366
Am I correct that the front 2 holes of the cowl vent mount are bolted to the brace under the instrument cluster? There are three holes there in a straight line, and I'm assuming the first 2 on the right are for the cowl vent bracket, and the 3rd is for the steering column support?

Thanks in advance,

Jim

Am I correct that the front 2 holes of the cowl vent mount are bolted to the brace under the instrument cluster? There are three holes there in a straight line, and I'm assuming the first 2 on the right are for the cowl vent bracket, and the 3rd is for the steering column support?

Thanks in advance,

Jim
I don't have a photo of that.....so I am working from memory, but yes it attaches to the brace (it is a rod about 6 inches or so long) that goes to the cowl and then grabs the cluster bolts.....to be 100% sure on what I just said I would need to be upside down looking at the under dash area again......I know that the other brackets grab two bolts that are up by where the windshield motor mounts. Since we are getting rid of the stock motor, we need to put some bolts on the bottom of that area so the cowl can be put back in place.

I was thinking for about 5 minutes of not putting the cowl back in place and decided that was the only other way to get fresh air in the car when the top was down, so the cowl was back in.

Herb

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom