Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Cracked Rim

Bioscache2

Corvette
2001 Blk Coupe
I recently put on new tires and when I did the tire guy said he found a very small crack in the rear left rim. He said it was only visible from the inside and dirt had accumulated signifying it had been there a little bit. I never really had a problem with low air (maybe had to put air in once over the life of the previous tires and i don't even remember which tires). He said the fix had been holding air so it seemed good. A few days later the tire was low again but not dropping past 25 psi cold, so i figured the tire guy probably didn't fill it up all the way. I did and it has held until now (about a month later and 2000 miles later, road trip) The same tire dropped to 25 psi. I filled it and it held but then I noticed a few days later it was back to 25 psi again and holding there.

My question is would it be worth it to try and have the rim repaired again or should I just replace it? Also where is the best place to get one rim, it has the stock rims. Thanks.

Try Corvettemechanic.com. There are a lot of posts on cracked wheels. I would definately replace the cracked wheel. I wouldn't trust any "fix".

A repaired wheel will always be a bit weaker where the repair has been made. And if you get stationed in Germany after the academy... You need to have sound wheels on your car!

You might try eBay for a single wheel. I see single magnesium wheels quite frequently. I am sure single stock ones show up too.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom