Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Cross-Drilled Rotors Rusted after 3 Days

njmercer

Corvette
2005 Victory Red Coupe
Hope someone can help me. I had GM Crossed-Drilled and Slotted Rotors installed on my 2003 Corvette on Tuesday. When the car was washed today, the rotors completely rusted. Some of the rust on the flat part comes off when the car is driven, but the hat of the rotors and the outside part of the rotors are totally rusted. I'm so upset; I was supposed to be having my car in a show tomorrow. Anyone know why this happened and have any suggestions???

Judy

the GM variation of the drilled/slotted are not zinc dipped - so they will rust.

Judy,

I have no idea what to tell you especially since you have a show this weekend. The only thing I can think of is bring some sort of semi-stiff brush and brush the hell out of the rotor caps once you get to the show. Hopefully, that will help.

We just put cross drilled and slotted rotors on the '02 and are about to put them on the Grand Sport. We had been advised ahead of time to make sure they were zinc coated to avoid this rusting problem. We're super happy with them and at $249 per set of 4 rotors (yes, that's the price!), we're more than pleased!

Elaine

When you get new rotors that are not zinc coated, tape them off and paint the hubs, and outer edges with 500 degree hot paint, semi-gloss black (Pep-boys) Works perfect. Use same paint on calipers then use dremel tool to grind paint off Corvette letters. Seal the Vette letters with acrylic nail polish. I know all the tricks guys, had a detail shop for a few years

Pac-man said:
Oh yeah, where do I get the $249 rotor set? Thanks.
We ordered them from Sport Brakes in Dallas (www.sportbrakes.com). Their web site isn't updated so just call them at 972-620-9311 and ask for Ras or email at info@sportbrakes.com. We're more than happy with them and their service!!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom