Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

cross fire injection?

• Thread starter Thread starter 82 Pirate
  • Start date Start date

82 Pirate

I'm having some problems taking off from a stand still. If I "kick it in", the tires will spin about 2 revolutions, motor boggs and then I resume power. There's no hesitation if I'm already rolling about 10-15 mph. I recently replaced the plugs and wires in my '82 coupe. I'm using 93 octane. I checked the timing - it's ok. Any suggestions?

82 Pirate,

Just a few ideas.
Fuel pump stalling
Fuel filter sediment
Oil pressure sensor shutting down ECM
MAP sensor reading off
Knock sensor retarding spark

82 Pirate said:
I'm having some problems taking off from a stand still. If I "kick it in", the tires will spin about 2 revolutions, motor boggs and then I resume power. There's no hesitation if I'm already rolling about 10-15 mph. I recently replaced the plugs and wires in my '82 coupe. I'm using 93 octane. I checked the timing - it's ok. Any suggestions?
First, what does "kick it in" mean? Rev it up and drop into drive? By by tranmission if you do that all the time, and why? Power brake and released? Try asphalt if you have a thing for spinning the wheels. Remember, its 200 + or - horsepower, with relatively wider tires. You just won't get there.

Mine has a peformance chip, pushing it to about 220 hp. My tires will spin real well - on ice! No where else, though. And guess what? I don't care! If you want a hot rod you shouldn't have gotten a stock '82.
Larry82 said:
First, what does "kick it in" mean? Rev it up and drop into drive? By by tranmission if you do that all the time, and why? Power brake and released? Try asphalt if you have a thing for spinning the wheels. Remember, its 200 + or - horsepower, with relatively wider tires. You just won't get there.

No, I'm not dropping it into drive - I value my car and transmission. When I'm standing still already in drive, I'll give it about 3/4 throttle. The wheels will break loose a little, but then the motor boggs down for a second. It then picks back up to continue take off. I'm concerned something is not set right and I'm not sure where to look next. This is my first with throttle bodies and cross fire injection.

Larry82 said:

For what's worth ; bump the base timing 4 more degrees , and see if this goes away.

If it doesn't, put it back.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom