Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

cross shaft/bellcrank/clutch assembly

tat2ed

Corvette
1973 Orange 383 stroker
Not sure of the correct term as I've seen both used . I would like to know how to seperate this from the engine block. I'm going to pull the engine and I'm not sure if I have to disconnect the entire clutch assembly from the bracket to the engine block. Do i just unbolt from the bracket and unscrew it from the ball stud in the block. I've looked at the assembly manual and couldn't really tell. This is the first time I've ever pulled an engine. Any help would be appreciated. I'm putting in a 383 stroker. I can't wait to get it going!!!

Thanks,Jeff

Disconnect the upper and lower pushrods and the return spring from the levers on the cross shaft, remove the nut on the outboard side of the frame bracket end, raise it up out of the slot in the bracket, and pull it straight off the stud that's in the block. :)

Do I need to remove the rod from the clutch fork or can I just leave it hang if I don't pull the trans? Do both springs on the rod come off? Will any adjustment need to be after I reassemble it?

Thanks again,
Jeff

I'd remove the rod to the clutch fork and the anti-rattle springs, just so they aren't flopping around while you're doing other things. You may have to touch up the clutch adjustment a bit when you put it back together - very simple. :)

:beer

thanks for the help.Removed it today with little problems. Hope it goes back the same way.

Thanks again,
Jeff

Hey another 73 FAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome....we're here if oyu have any more problems or questions!!!

:beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom