Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Cruise Control

iambutch1

Corvette
1972 Corvette rebuild complete and driving
I have rebuilt almost everything on my 84 and have a problem in locating the cruise control connection. I have the male connection on the steering colum but cannot find where it hooks in. I can't find the female end. The problem is that when I bought this Vette it was already torn apart

Any help would be appreciated.

:crazy

I am not sure of which connector you speak. The diagram in Gordon Killebrew's book indicates a connector somewhere between the switch on the stalk and the igniton at the fuse block and brake/clutch disengage switches. I suspect this connector to be the large connector at the cluster.

According to this statement, it seems there is no cruise control "module" on the 84-89 Corvettes:
The 1984-1989 Corvettes came with or without cruise control. There was no cruise control module. The dash speedo cluster also served as a cruise control operation module.

Hopefully someone with an '84 can help you with this question. Good luck, and thanks for keeping that "torn apart" Vette alive. :upthumbs

i have an 85, isn't your cruise control located on top of your battery

should be the connects between your brake boost and your cruise control

maybe there no the same

i don't have my haynes book inthe house to look
sorry

So let me see....

You have the switch on the stalk...you are looking for the mating connector ( Female ).

It's a rainbow ribbon connector that fits the male lookin' printer circut board.

You have the servo in the car ....correct?

AND

It's wired?...

Vig!

In simple terms

The speed sensor goes to the dash.

The stalk switch goes to the dash

The brake ( And or Clutch pedal ) has a 2 function switch on it.

1) Opens up the vac to release the servo.
2) Breaks power to the cruise portion of the dash.

The Dash ( module ) controls the servo by opening the vac to the servo or allowing it to pull in by closing the vent.

Some 84's did not have cruise.. and the dash was not stuffed internaly for it.

Vig!

I haven't been on line for a few days and I will try to address each reply. I have the servo for the cruise and it is mounted above the battery.
I do have the male end of the rainbow colored wire and unable to locate the female end.
I checked the area of the instrument pannel and information center and don't see where it might plug in.
I've been all over the under dash area and checked the vacum switches and do not see where they might hook in.
I don't see anything that looks like a printer circuit board.

The steering shaft assembly was also out of the vehicle when I bought it. Thats also why I can't find the other end. It's no big thing that has to be complete but I would like to restore is as far as I can get it. Come right down to it I'm not sure it would be used.

Thanks for your help. ;help :Silly

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom