Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Cup holder becomes change keeper

nmcoyote

Corvette
2006 Silver Coupe
If you have laid change on top of the lid to the cup holder, you know that it will slide off into somewhere. If you haven't, don't. Does anyone know if the cupholder is removable without taking the console apart? The 26 cents that disappeared off the lid has not rattled or caused a problem -yet. Will it?

change

Someone else had the same problem and I think it turned into a real hastle.:W

cup holder

Yes, put your change inside the cup-holder instead of on top.:eyerole

cupholder savings account

Thanks, now why didn't I think of that? Does anyone have a less obvious yet practical solution for the problem of change disappearing into the console via the cupholder lid? Is there anything it can get into and bind up (like the shifter)?

If you have laid change on top of the lid to the cup holder, you know that it will slide off into somewhere. If you haven't, don't. Does anyone know if the cupholder is removable without taking the console apart? The 26 cents that disappeared off the lid has not rattled or caused a problem -yet. Will it?

The console surround panel is very easy to remove. Just remove it and reclaim your riches.

change overshoots the cupholder

Thanks. Is there a secret to removing the console surround? I took a quick look at it yesterday and it was not apparent to me where to start.

Go to www.corvettemechanic.com and see my post on the 2nd page titled "how do you remove the ashtray" There is a pic there for the console removal. Not shown in the picture is a screw behind the hand brake boot that you also need to remove.
Good luck,
Joe

cupholder savings account

Joe - thanks for that. I owe you one. chuck

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom