Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Custom Crossfire Injection Project - 1967 Camaro

Durango_Boy

Corvette
Black 1977 Custom Corvette
I'm working on a custom project and think this forum might be a good source for some information that will help me greatly.

Basically, it's a 1967 Camaro SS. I have built a standard bore 350 with flat top pistons, 64cc aluminum Vortec heads, and a flat tappet H268 cam. This isn't a high HP build. It's a respective 9.75:1 SCR and the car will be driven like a weekend cruiser with no racing or extended periods of aggressive driving.

The twist is the manifold and injection system. I'm using a dual quad manifold on top of the engine, and am going to use the two Crossfire Injection throttle bodies, one in line behind the other. They won't be across from each other as stock, but instead single file. I'm already planning to machine for shaft bearings, bead blasting to clean and paint the bodies, and replacing the injectors, IACs, and sensors. I currently have the throttle bodies, harness, and computer from what I think was a 1982 Corvette. I suppose it's possible they're from a 1984 Corvette but I'm pretty sure they're 1982.

I am aware and prepared for the custom throttle linkages, along with fuel system. My plan is to eliminate the TB regulator, and plumb a single regulator in the system and then distribute the 12 psi needed per throttle body. I'll just have to remove the spring from the forward TB right? Each will still have it's return line.

So far, my biggest question mark is the computer. I have a feeling even with the stock computer tune it'll run the engine, however, I want feedback on who is the best expert to send this computer to for an optimized tune specifically for this engine and car. I want to eliminate things like EGR, electric fan control, and anything other than engine and transmission specific control. The Camaro will have a TH700-R4 so that control is okay.

What are some things I need to plan for? Are there any other TB specific maintenence or modifying that needs to be done? At first, I want to keep the stock bore. If later I find I need more air I can deal with that.

Thanks guys. :thumb

Last edited:
Welcome to CAC....although I can't help you there are those here, who I believe,can. Sounds like a cool project!

Welcome to CAC....although I can't help you there are those here, who I believe,can. Sounds like a cool project!

Thanks Tom. I've been a Corvette nut and owner since I was 18. I'm now 34. I often do things the hard way and I look for interesting and maybe new ways to accomplish things. As the project develops I'll post pics, but I don't want to clutter a Corvette forum thread with pics of a non Corvette. I'm just finding it hard to locate Crossfire Injection information that isn't on a Corvette forum of some sorts...and since the equipment I have is from an 1982 I thought this thread might survive for a while.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom