Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Cutting the Door for Speakers

WayneLBurnham

Corvette
'75 Modified Red Ragtop: "LEFTLN"
Let's face it - the best place for speakers are NOT the kick panels.

I grabbed some really good sounding little ones for there, rated at 200W a piece (I believe) and some decent upgraded Pioneer 2 Way 4x6"'s rated at I think 160W for the top deck. I need to upgrade the little tweeter and 4" Pioneer I put in my mutant speaker boxes I built to go in behind the rear quarter panels, in and amongst the ragtop suports when folded, but even this won't be enough.

It will not be enough even for me to put back some 6x9" in the new massive rear recessed box for the subwoofers 69MyWay inspired. The 10" RF Punch's in there now or the 12" somethings that may take their place when I get to the new box or even the 6" Bazooka tube it looks like I can install behind the dash pouch don't impact this - they are dedicated bass.

I am going to put some door panel speakers in front of the edge of the handle and bordered by the normal trim pieces.

Anyone have experience with this? Last attempts to dissuade me from this heresy?

This may belong in the sound section, but I'm more concerned with issues related to cutting into the door. I've been there a bunch of times already and have a good idea of what I'm in for, but am always open for one last unheeded warning so I can feel even more of a truly complete ass once I've gone and done it. :)

I Personally would not modify your door panels. I like things stock!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom