Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

D30 "Color Override" option

NORTY

Corvette
2006 C6Z DSOM
After reviewing the 2012 Porduction #'s, I ran across "D30" Color Override" option. What IS that? All I know is 58 cars had it. None were Z06's. Are there 58 "Mary Kay" Corvettes running around?;LOL

Maybe they are Synergy Green. I would love to have a GS Vert in that cool 7Up can green...

Non-Recommended Color Combinations

The D30 Color Combination Override provides the opportunity to individualize vehicle appearance by overriding recommended restrictions to color, trim and Z06 top (if equipped) combinations. If any of the following color combinations are ordered, you will have to order the D30 option and pay the additional $590.00

Phil, thanks for the answer. It is not ever day that one gets to learn something absolutely new. I had no idea such an option existed...

Non-Recommended Color Combinations...If any of the following color combinations are ordered, you will have to order the D30 option and pay the additional $590.00

So, what are "the following color combinations"?

My understanding of Color override

So, what are "the following color combinations"?

The color override option allows you to order a color COMBINATION that is not usually allowed. For instance, if you wanted SSB with a red interior like the original Grand Sports, you would have to pay the price. It does not allow you to order a Mary Kay pink or even a Jetstream blue corvette. Why would this cost extra? Because they can.

Sorry...brain fart. I see now that with "the following color combinations", you were quoting the literature. But here's a hypothetical question: if I wanted a white GS convertible with a blue top and red fender stripes or red calipers, would it fall into that category? By Chevy's web site, it doesn't seem like it would...

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom