Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Daily Driver - How many miles.

andrewc4 said:
Question 1 - how far do you drive your Corvette a day, consistently day in, day out?

Question 2 - can the car, (well cared for), make it? Are my expectations reasonable?

Question 3 - any body else putting at least eightly miles a day on a eleven year old C4 with comparative mileage?

1. About 40
2. Yes

I've got 179k on mine (86) and bought it in 92 with 42k.

Not bad considering I drive it only about 9 months out of the year.

I have oftened wondered about the longevity of my Vette as a daily driver. I found everyone's input interesting. Everyone mentioned regular maintenance. Is the maintenance scheduling in the owner's manual good enough to follow? Does someone else have a different scheduling they follow? If so, can you share?

I bought my '88 November 2002. I drive it every day. It had 88K miles when I purchased it and I have had the follwoing replaced:

U-Joints
Mufflers - Man the new Flowmasters sound good!
Rack

Other than that it has been tune-ups and oil changes. I just put it in the shop this morning becasue there is a weird rattling in the housing that covers the torque converter.

I now have 150K on the car. I'm driving my son's 1993 Jeep (I have been for a week waiting on an opening with my mechanic) and it is great but REALLY miss driving the Vette. There is just nothing like it.

I hope to buy a little newer convertible along with a second car to be my daily driver in the next year. My son is in school to be a mechanic and I am going to give teh '88 to him.

There is nothing like a Vette.:D

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom