Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Dark Red Interior 742

tonyv123

Corvette
1981 Two Tone 4spd.
I was wondering if everyone with a Dark Red Interior #742, has their trim plate marked as such, (742)?

I have a dark red interior, but my trim plate appears to read 741.

adf56ac8.jpg

I have seen this before...I don't know why it was done,or for what reason,
but if you are planning on getting the vette flight judged,
don't worry the judges will favor the vette as the correct codes.:upthumbs:upthumbs

Thanks Bill,

The judges may favor that as correct, but they ain't gonna favor much else, as NO numbers match, along with a whole buncha' other stuff.

I was just thinking the plate puncher that day hit the 1, instead of the 2! Actually, I hoped it was a super rare special interior nobody else had.;shrug

That character is an alpha I, not a numeric one, and is known to have been used at the Bowling Green plant. The 80-82 NCRS Judging Manual makes an explanation of most of the codes on the Bowling Green trim tags. Notices the numeric ones in the time/build date and VIN sequence in the line above it.

P.S. Nice pic of the tag; very clear and legible.

:)

Thanks mike,

Yeah, at first, I thought it might be an 'L' for leather, but the other L's are also different. I noticed it didn't look like a 1 either. Thats why I came here, I knew you guys would know!

My little digital camera can get into some small places, but I still had to stand on my head to get that one!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom