Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Dash board nightmares!

C

C4_Fvr

Just yesterday while driving down the road my dashboard decides to lockup, speed mileage, none of the LCD functions worked. This happened to me about 3yrs ago, but the problem went away, somebody please HELP!!!

My Vette is a 1995 6spd coupe.

The one time my dash got out of sorts I disconnected battery to reset ECM and everything came back and hasn't been a problem since. Mines an 85 but couldn't hurt to try.

Try gently hitting/pounding (gently) on the IP and see if it does not start working again. I have had this problem before and it has been a bad connection where the ip plugs into the dash harness. If banging around fixes it, and it keeps getting worse, plan on pulling it out and cleaning the contacts soon.

c4ever said:
The one time my dash got out of sorts I disconnected battery to reset ECM and everything came back and hasn't been a problem since. Mines an 85 but couldn't hurt to try.

Thanks a bunch c4ever, I disconnected the battery
and reconnected it, everything is back to normal,
of coarse I had to reset the radio and the clock,
but that's a small price to pay for a working dash.

Glad it worked out. Now get ready for the weekend:_rock

My dash has gone out a couple of times, and I just lightly rapped the top of the dash above the gauge package. It came right back on, even while driving!

fixvet said:
My dash has gone out a couple of times, and I just lightly rapped the top of the dash above the gauge package. It came right back on, even while driving!

It'll eventually quit, either that or you'll break the lenses when it gets you frustrated (and it will). ;)

_ken

It is funny, since this thread started, the dash on my 90 has been going nuts. I plugged my scanner in so I could compare notes. My tach has a mind of its own now. The other day I was doing 1200 RPM at 75 mph..

WOW Chris:) Just think of that great gas mileage:L

Len,
I still find myself LOL sometimes thinking about that one:L :L :L

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom