Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

dash bracket

Mooser

Corvette
1972 BB Coupe
Weather is finally nice and I'm still trying to get the dash together :(
Wondering if anyone had some dimensions for the center bracket that goes from the firewall to under the center of the dash on a 72 vette.
Mine is long since missing and I have to make one up.
I mocked it up but it seems that I've got it holding the center gage section too low to sit on the console properly. A 3/4" spacer to lift it seems like too much but that's what it looks like. I'd like to know it it's the dash or console that's sitting wrong
Thanks
Mooser

Got a picture? Got the AIM? I can't recall an under dash brace from the firewall to the center console. You may be missing the console brace,
consolebrace.jpg

but it does not attach to the firewall.

:)

No Picture (it is in the AIM, I'll try and find it)
The Bracket goes from the firewall to the underside of the upper dash pad, just to the right of the defrost vent to help support the center of the dash pad
Thanks
Mooser

Finally found a picture of what it might look like.
Anyone have one the can measure up??
Thanks
Mooser

The one I have is stamped P/N 3974011 and it is 4 1/8 from the back corner to the hole (on the top of the bracket) and .80 from the back corner to the backside mounting hole. Angle is about 70 degrees.

So the angle is less than 90 deg?? I've been kind of mocking one up and I started at 90 and ended up having to stick a bunch of washers under where it hits the dash to get it (the dash) up enough for the central gage cluster to fit right. I've got to check that .80 dim again and see where I'm at.
Wonder why it's always pieces like this I seem to be missing...
Thanks for the info, back to the drawing board
Mooser

The one I have is stamped P/N 3974011 and it is 4 1/8 from the back corner to the hole (on the top of the bracket) and .80 from the back corner to the backside mounting hole. Angle is about 70 degrees.

Whoops, it's 70 from horizontal but the the angle of the bracket is 110 degrees.

Finally found a picture of what it might look like.
Anyone have one the can measure up??
Thanks
Mooser

attachment.php

Mooser-

What is with the fins? Is that an ECM?

That's not actually a picture of my car (if it was I wouldn't be trying to figure out the size of that bracket)
BUT, mine is the same (Actually I've changed out the radio but left all of the wiring and this gizmo)

It's part of the factory am/fm radio system. one large transistor surrounded by two chunks of heat sink. (Early GM version of a separate Power Amp :L)
Mooser

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom