Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Dash Cluster Reconditioning

adfac

Corvette
1986 Dark Red Convertible
Hi. I've got an 86 and I want to get my dash cluster reconditioned. It's not in bad shape, just missing a few lines on some of the numbers and I've got a dead spot between 30 and 45 mph. I see it offered at MidAmerica, Ecklers, even on Ebay. Some say it takes 2 days, some say up to 6 weeks. I was wondering if anyone has had any dealings with this sort of thing and if so, who would you recommend? Thanks for any help.

Cluster repair

I got mine from a vendor on Ebay. His name is Gary Neese. His email address is scarabexc@aol.com. Ebay vendor name is scarabexc. Mine cost $300.00. He puts in new lcd's, power supply, and bulbs. It has a 1 year warranty. He also allowed me to pay a $100.00 core charge (which he promptly refunded) on the old unit as it was the only car I had at the time to drive. Works perfect and really made the dash look nice.

Do it yourself

I don't know how much you trust your own soldering skills. But someone in another thread recommended:
The 84

This site leads me to believe that it is easy to fix your problem. I am thinking about doing the same thing, but I don't know if I trust my soldering skills.

Gary did my dash cluster. he is listed under www.corvette-repairs.com (parts page)
great guy, mention corvette-repair.com, he will give you a discount, and make sure to add a return shipping label in box.
he will fix, within 24 hrs and return it back.
very nice guy.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom