Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Dash lighting

Bobsvette

Corvette
2019 Torch Red Grand Sport
Can anyone tell me how to get at the lighting behind the DIC buttons on a 99? The top two are not lit, just happened to go out today, must be a small bulb or could it be fiber-optic's? I haven't had the chance to get a good repair manual yet. Thank's for any help! Bobsvette :confused

Here is a good link for a walk through on how to get to those lights. Its really a walk through on how to replace the lights with LEDs but it will get you to the lights. Its very easy to follow.

Link

It does look like a excellent link to follow as to what has to be done but i'm confused as to why you have to pull out the console to get at the bulbs behind the dic buttons. Is it to be able to access phillip screws or torx head screws??

It’s been awhile since I did the mod so bear with me as I try and remember what I did. The DIC and instrument cluster is all one unit. To have enough room to pull the cluster out you have to drop the steering column down. To drop the steering column down you have to pull the knee bolster and center console off so you have access all the nuts, bolts, screws etc.

I looked at it as a good time to give the dash a good cleaning. Even though there are a lot of steps it only took me 15 minutes to pull it out.

The short answer, yes its to get to all the screws and such. :L

It does look like a excellent link to follow as to what has to be done but i'm confused as to why you have to pull out the console to get at the bulbs behind the dic buttons. Is it to be able to access phillip screws or torx head screws??

WOUCH!!Thank's for the help!

Quit trying to fix this yourself...you know you can't handle it!!

Just use a flashlite to see the dash when you are driving!!;LOL

I see your '96 doesn't have any problems....might be that the previous owner didn't abuse the dash lights by driving it at night!!:beer

By the way, whats up with that avatar.....
Gobble Gobble!!!

What do ya mean I can't fix it? I have at least three or four different size hammer's:bang :bang and yep the '96 is doin just fine!!! Stinger, you going to be home or on the road the end of feb early march? going to be in palm bay for a few day's, going on another cruise,like to check out the '07 :D

Hey C5y2k, just curious, got a blower under that high rise hood?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom