Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Dash lights will not turn off.

Best Vette Yet

Corvette
2003 Medium Spiral Grey
Hi Everyone,
I am having an issue with my 2003 Coupe, 50,000 miles. The dash lights will not turn off and there is a security light warning on the dash. I have locked the car normally with the fob. Headlights turn off and the stick switch is in the off position. This is draining my battery.
Any ideas would be appreciated. My vette has been flawless and reliable since about a week ago when this occurred.

Hi Everyone,
I am having an issue with my 2003 Coupe, 50,000 miles. The dash lights will not turn off and there is a security light warning on the dash. I have locked the car normally with the fob. Headlights turn off and the stick switch is in the off position. This is draining my battery.
Any ideas would be appreciated. My vette has been flawless and reliable since about a week ago when this occurred.

A friend had the same problem..turned out the dimmer switch was turned up to where it clicked and kept the dash lights on.

This is exactly the same answer to my friend's 2003 C5 – light staying on. As I was detailing the car I somehow turned the inside light switch to the extreme right position. I found out the problem just by luck, but not before running the battery all the way down. Silly me.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom