Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Dash Lights

Drwhitesr

Corvette
1980 C3 Corvette Red Coupe
1980 C3 Corvette

I replace the 194 lights bulbs in the dash and center console with LED bulbs. Now when I turn my lights off the buzzer on the lights stays on.

If I pull & push the headlight switch off and on a few times the beeper will go off.

I think it may have something to due with the reduced resistance on the circuit due to the LED bulbs drawing less current.

Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated.

Is your key still in the ignition???

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

1980 C3 Corvette

I replace the 194 lights bulbs in the dash and center console with LED bulbs. Now when I turn my lights off the buzzer on the lights stays on.

If I pull & push the headlight switch off and on a few times the beeper will go off.

I think it may have something to due with the reduced resistance on the circuit due to the LED bulbs drawing less current.

Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated.

Your description of cycling the headlight switch to turn off the buzzer sounds like a bad headlight switch. Do the dash, tail, park lights all go off when the buzzer is on?

On a lot of the threads I have seen about LEDs, most state ballast resistors need to be installed. *But* most of the threads I read apply to C5s, a C3 may be a different electrical animal.

I would agree if he was talking about turn signals. But as for the dash lights the load should make no difference.
I suspect a faulty headlight switch or buzzer module. I need to check mine as I also have the same problem. Mine has also only just started, and I also Have LED dash lights (and have done for about a year now)
Wast just looking at my diagrams, and I cannot find the circuit for the headlight warning buzzer, I have the FSM and a separate diagram and i didn't see it on either.

Was just looking at my diagrams, and I cannot find the circuit for the headlight warning buzzer, I have the FSM and a separate diagram and i didn't see it on either.
Went to start My Vette and the battery was flat, connected the charger and the buzzer was going traced it to the same unit as the seatbelt warning buzzer. Interesting to note that giving it a little shake also stopped the buzzer. Have removed it for now and noted the connections onto the circuit board are not very tight. I'm going to try soldering them so they have a good connection and see what happens. Hopefully that solves the problem as that part doesn't seem to be available as a replacement.

Seems the connections onto the circuit board are to blame for my problem. Soldered them up so they don't move and after that I could not get it to buzz without turning the lights on. I'll have to keep an eye on it but it seems like a good start.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom