Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Dash Pad removal

Glide

Corvette
1971 Shark, 1985 C4, 2011 C6, 99 FRC. 66 Coupe
Hi! Anyone know the procedure for removing the dash pad on an 85. Just got my new (used) one from Vette 2 Vette Salvage. It looks easy but the old one won't budge (I've taken the two screws out of the defrostewr vent) and I don't want to tear it up. Thanks!

If your local library has computers and they have access to a database called "Alldata" you can get step by step R&R instructions.

There is a series of screws along the front edge of the dash pad (the edge farthest from the windshield...5 or 6, I forget). The one at the far pass. side end of the pad is underneath the plastic fuse box cover...kinda sneaky.

When you intall, make sure that the metal clips on the bottom near the windshield side engage their respective holes.

This is on my 84...I'd imagine the 85 is the same.

Bill

There is a series of screws along the front edge of the dash pad (the edge farthest from the windshield...5 or 6, I forget). The one at the far pass. side end of the pad is underneath the plastic fuse box cover...kinda sneaky.

When you intall, make sure that the metal clips on the bottom near the windshield side engage their respective holes.

This is on my 84...I'd imagine the 85 is the same.

Bill

Yep. 85 is same. I don't remember one by the fuse box panel, though. Also, there are none above the breadbox.

after removing the screws under the rear edge (per previous posts above) and from the defroster vent, try to lift up the rear edge just a small amount to make sure all the screws are out --it won't go up much at the windshield pillars before it hits there, don't force it....put the steering wheel in the full ''down'' tilt position...sit in the pass seat, grasp the end of the dash cover near the pass side windshield pillar and pull toward the rear of the car --the dash cover should slide back a couple inches....move to the drivers seat, grasp the dash cover near the drivers windshield pillar and pull it back a couple inches...return to the pass side of the car, open door, stand outside the car, reach in and carefully pull the dash cover back/up/ and out...take care to NOT catch the metal hooks on the underside of the dash cover on the steering wheel.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom