Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Dash Pad speakers in a '75 T-top

Thore826

Corvette
1975 White, 1984 Black, 1996 Green
Has anyone changed the two speakers located in the dash? The car is 33 years old, so I assume they both just died. If you have, could you tell me how difficult it is to get at them? I'd rather not take the whole dash apart just to replace them. And its a new radio which does work (I put a speaker in each door, and the previous owner had one in the battery hatch and accessory/tool door).

Top Dash Speakers

Your 75 should be about the same as my 74, if so you have to:
disconnect the battery
remove the sunvisors, top inside trim, side trim,the right side lower dash, the radio and center console ( put in new bulbs while your in there ) then drop the steering wheel and loosen the left lower dash. You can reach the right speaker but you have to bow the top dash to get to the left speaker, it was at that point the my top dash vinyl cracked.
Also there is a hidden screw just to the right of the center console that holds the top dash down. It might be better to do this when its warm out so your dash can bend and not crack. PG.

Thanks. Yea, when I was putting in the new radio I had to change some of the bulbs, but so far the ones behind the wheel have lasted. I'm just afraid of opening up a whole new can of worms, since I'm afraid most of the screws are gonna bust on me; I'll probably just wait until I HAVE to take that dash apart for the bulbs. Maybe I'll add those nice looking LED's I saw on here before.

Removing the dash pad can be a problem, but your's will remove just like my 76 and if done correctly, like petes74 outlined, you should have no problem, just go slow when removing the top and you will be fine, I have had mine out twice, once to replace it. Now three months after I replaced it the tach circuit board quit so I have to remove it again to replace that. Good luck.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom