Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Dashboard Music?

C

CSGDave

In my 09 vert Callaway SC580 I seem to have a resonant vibration somewhere in the right front area of the dash. As soon as I get to 60-65 mph at a low rpm cruising speed the vibration begins. If I am on the gas pedal no noise is noticed except the normal engine and supercharger whine. I have checked the glove box and the AC vent and just cannot find any reason for this. Has anyone else had a similar noise if so what was your solution? I hate to start ripping into the dash as I figure it will never get back to 100% correct.

Nobody has any Ideas?

I expect this is not as exciting a topic as to supercharge or not- should I change to street slicks for drag racing or some other post but I was hoping someone may have had a suggestion or heard of a similar problem as I am getting tired of the vibration and really want to get it fixed before spring.

[h=2]CSGDave

I posted this question about 2 1/2 years ago. If it's the same kind of noise you're experiencing you might want Chevy to look into prior repairs for this type of complaint.
Chevy had my car for about a 10 days until they finally found where the vibration/hum was coming from.
What I was told was a rivet up against the windshield header and firewall was loose causing air to vibrate the dash panel. Needless to say it was very labor intensive, however, my car was still under warranty when the work was performed.
If this sounds like your problem I sympathize with the frustration you're going through. I came very close to trading it in because I could no longer take the noise nor did I want to drive it anymore.
I will say I've very pleased with the completed repairs - you could never tell Chevy had my dash area completely apart. They did an outstanding job.
I hope your ride is still covered under warranty.

Dashboard Hum, Vibration Noise[/h]
First it's the annoying rattle in the roof latch -

Now, I seem to have developed the most annoying vibration and/or humming sound coming from either the vents or top part of dash.

It happens on acceleration, with or without vents on/off. The noise is so annoying I'm ready to trade it in.

I'd hate for the dealer to take apart the dash (it seems it never goes back in one piece or the way it came out of the factory). At least that’s my experience based on C4, C5, and now C6 ownership.

Does anyone have a similar or possible the same noise I'm experiencing?
thanks,
chris

Thanks Chris! I've long considered an upgrade to a C6 so I'm glad to know of possible causes to a "dash rattle". It seems like nothing rags on my nerves more than annoying little noises and rattles that are near impossible to find or describe to a tech, and interfere with the otherwise sweet sounds of Corvette exhaust.

Good luck tracking it down Dave. :thumb
And in case I haven't said it already, welcome to the :CAC
:wJane Ann

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom