Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Warning! My 2015 Z06 has DEFECT in electronics DASHBOARD GM DOES NOT HAVE FIX

skyloverz

Corvette
2015 Z06
I purchased my 2015 Corvette Z06 on December 19, 2014 from local dealer. I drove it approximately 500 miles in 2 weeks.
I started the car on a Saturday morning, late December, the dashboard and gage cluster were black and not illuminated.
I turned the car on and off several times getting the same results. The nav screen did light up each time i started up.
I drove the car around the block a couple of times, turned it off then restarted it. This time the dash and gages lit up, but none of the gages were functional.
I tried starting the Z06 later that Saturday, again the dash & gages illuminated, again none of them worked, except this time the speedo was showing I was going 220 mph while sitting at idle.
I started the Z06 Sunday, the next day, this time the dash and gages flashed on and off ( lit then dark ) maybe 6-7 times, finally the dash & gages remained lit up after this flashing on/off
I drove it around the block, and as I drove the speedo went from 220 mph down to 180 MPH while I was driving maybe 25 MPH in reality.

Mind you, i JUST bought and paid for my $100,000 FLAGSHIP Corvette Z06, and with barely 500 miles on it, it had to go back to the shop.

The dealer has had the car for 19 days now, and THEY DO NOT HAVE A FIX FOR IT. I'm told the engineers are working on this " 24/7 to write some new " code " to correct this problem.
I'm told there are 2 other 2015 Z06 in the USA with the same problem. I've discussed this issue with the local District Manager of Chevy, and he has NOT HELPED, and has actually been quite poor in communication, and customer service. This District manager had the nerve to tell me " it's ok to drive the car " with the failing dashboard and gages.

Can someone please explain to this DISTRICT MANAGER, that the Z06 has 650 HP, 12 ELECTRONICALLY GOVERNED DRIVER MODES, ELECTRONIC TRACTION CONTROL, ELECTRONIC THROTTLE CONTROL ( shall I go on ) and that as the CONSUMER, having my $ 100,000 Corvette illustrate major electronic component failure in less than 10 days or 500 miles
with GM engineers working " round the clock to figure out how to fix this via programming code.... HAS NOT ENAMORED me to my new Corvette Z06. If anything, I am now concerned that even a programming " fix " cannot assure me there won't be additional electronics failures, say while I'm at the track taking a turn at 90 MPH...
The District Manager customer service skills are quite lacking.

I'm certain that if some of the BOSSES at GM were to hear about my case, there would be swift action and communication, after all MY TAXES HELPED BAIL GENERAL MOTORS OUT OF BANKRUPTCY. Furthermore, I'm a LOYAL Vette owner, having OWNED 10 new Corvettes since 2005, including 2008 Z06, 2010 ZR1 and 2011 ZR1

I'm demanding REPLACEMENT of my Z06 and am prepared to go to battle with GM on this.

Respectfully,

A Chicago Motorhead
<object type="cosymantecnisbfw" cotype="cs" id="SILOBFWOBJECTID" style="width: 0px; height: 0px; display: block;"></object>

Sounds like a lemon law candidate.

Mind you, i JUST bought and paid for my $100,000 FLAGSHIP Corvette Z06, and with barely 500 miles on it, it had to go back to the shop.

The dealer has had the car for 19 days now, and THEY DO NOT HAVE A FIX FOR IT. I'm told the engineers are working on this " 24/7 to write some new " code " to correct this problem.
I'm told there are 2 other 2015 Z06 in the USA with the same problem. I've discussed this issue with the local District Manager of Chevy, and he has NOT HELPED, and has actually been quite poor in communication, and customer service. This District manager had the nerve to tell me " it's ok to drive the car " with the failing dashboard and gages.

<object id="SILOBFWOBJECTID" type="cosymantecnisbfw" style="width: 0px; height: 0px; display: block;" cotype="cs"></object>
You are not alone. I picked up my Z06 on 23 December. Nav is inoperative, Performance Data Recorder is inoperative, GPS has the infamous RED X through it and OnStar is stuck in the demo mode and keeps shutting off the HUD every time I exceed the speed limit on some road near Detroit Michigan which would be OK except the car is in Arizona. No fix and no date yet when the parts to fix it will be available. Like you, I really did not like the attitude of the DSM. He acted like, "so what, not My Problem". Get on the corporate customer care number: 1-866-790-5700 and speak to a customer care rep to get a case number assigned to you. You'll need your VIN when you place the call but it will help you. They got the comedians at O'reilly Cevrolet going for me and, apparently, the Corporate customer care person has an input into the annual performance evaluation for the DSM responsible! Guess what? If you aren't happy that guy (or Gal) won't get their annual bonus! Now there is an incentive for the DSM to help you but there's no pressure until you get that case number assigned. When Corporate looks up the VIN and discovers your car is a Z06 believe me, they get polite and helpful!

"This District manager had the nerve to tell me " it's ok to drive the car " with the failing dashboard and gages."

That is not a good sign. Hope the situation gets solved soon.

I already have a case number, spoke with some kid in GM customer care, that was AFTER I told them on PHONE CALL< that i DID NOT want to speak with someone in the PHILIPPINES, yes stupid customer care number CAN and WILL send you to Phillipines for customer ASSisstance, NO help at all, i was PROMISED an update TODAY,, GOT NOTHING.... they've had my car for 22 days now, with NOTHING ACCOMPLISHED.
So much for customer service !
this has turned into the " biggest LOOSER " with ME paying for the LOSS.

A PERTURBED Chicago Motorhead

You are not alone. I picked up my Z06 on 23 December. Nav is inoperative, Performance Data Recorder is inoperative, GPS has the infamous RED X through it and OnStar is stuck in the demo mode and keeps shutting off the HUD every time I exceed the speed limit on some road near Detroit Michigan which would be OK except the car is in Arizona. No fix and no date yet when the parts to fix it will be available. Like you, I really did not like the attitude of the DSM. He acted like, "so what, not My Problem". Get on the corporate customer care number: 1-866-790-5700 and speak to a customer care rep to get a case number assigned to you. You'll need your VIN when you place the call but it will help you. They got the comedians at O'reilly Cevrolet going for me and, apparently, the Corporate customer care person has an input into the annual performance evaluation for the DSM responsible! Guess what? If you aren't happy that guy (or Gal) won't get their annual bonus! Now there is an incentive for the DSM to help you but there's no pressure until you get that case number assigned. When Corporate looks up the VIN and discovers your car is a Z06 believe me, they get polite and helpful!

<object type="cosymantecnisbfw" cotype="cs" id="SILOBFWOBJECTID" style="width: 0px; height: 0px; display: block;"></object>

Now at 32 DAYS...there is discussion that a possible fix may be ready around February 6, but not even sure this fix will work has to be tested
What a massive disappointment !
I already have a case number, spoke with some kid in GM customer care, that was AFTER I told them on PHONE CALL< that i DID NOT want to speak with someone in the PHILIPPINES, yes stupid customer care number CAN and WILL send you to Phillipines for customer ASSisstance, NO help at all, i was PROMISED an update TODAY,, GOT NOTHING.... they've had my car for 22 days now, with NOTHING ACCOMPLISHED.
So much for customer service !
this has turned into the " biggest LOOSER " with ME paying for the LOSS.

A PERTURBED Chicago Motorhead

You are more patient than I. If that happened to my new Z, Chevy would have already eaten it. Have you dropped the lemon law bomb?

Yup, consulted with an attorney already, dealer tells me to come order new one and gm will buy back this one, except I can't seem to get any info on the buy back, costs...procedure....etc and hey I'll only have to wait 60 days for a new one...... so for some cost TO ME, i can give back my defective vehicle, and order a new one, only to wait 60 days or more to get it......
such a deal
You are more patient than I. If that happened to my new Z, Chevy would have already eaten it. Have you dropped the lemon law bomb?

Yup, consulted with an attorney already, dealer tells me to come order new one and gm will buy back this one, except I can't seem to get any info on the buy back, costs...procedure....etc and hey I'll only have to wait 60 days for a new one...... so for some cost TO ME, i can give back my defective vehicle, and order a new one, only to wait 60 days or more to get it......
such a deal

You may have to pay a nominal amount for the miles you have driven if GM takes it back on it's own. The AZ lemon law may or may not have a provision that requires you to pay for miles - I don't remember. Sixty days - GM might not get your car fixed in 60 days.

such a deal

<object id="SILOBFWOBJECTID" type="cosymantecnisbfw" style="width: 0px; height: 0px; display: block;" cotype="cs"></object>

The "buy back" will come from GM, not your dealer. Have someone from GM contact you about the buy back and get the real story on what they are willing to do, GM will give you all your unanswered questions.

How do I find out who in GM my dealer has been talking to ?
The "buy back" will come from GM, not your dealer. Have someone from GM contact you about the buy back and get the real story on what they are willing to do, GM will give you all your unanswered questions.

How do I find out who in GM my dealer has been talking to ?

It should be the DSM (District Service Manager).

I would request to have a meeting, or at least a phone call, with your DSM in that area. Good luck with it. :)

Keep us posed on what the fix is, if and when they release it.

-Rob

Thanks Rob.... the supposed " fix " is to be ready this friday.... anyone taking bets on this ?
GM has begun working with me directly on buyback
Keep us posed on what the fix is, if and when they release it.

-Rob

Thanks Rob.... the supposed " fix " is to be ready this friday.... anyone taking bets on this ?
GM has begun working with me directly on buyback

I hope for all of us corvette owners that the fix works. Took delivery of my 2015 Z06 March 15th . Yep I went thru a lemon law buyback many years ago and it was no fun. Now I keep a one quart jar of Holy Water on hand in the garage and sprinkle a little on the corvette every time I wash it !! :thumb

What is the latest on this skyloverz? What about you fitz?

I do not know what the end result on the fix was, GM bought my car back from me, and I bought another new Z06 from Phillips Chevy in Frankfurt Illinois, GREAT PEOPLE to deal with. My second Z06 has been behaving properly :)

Skyloverz, a motorhead in Chicago

Mine was fixed when the new On-Star module was installed at the end of January. I can tell you, though, that when you use the corporate customer care hotline to complain about a dealer, they light a fire under them. The down side is the dealer may retaliate. Mine did; they had the repairs on the car done in two hours then tried to take two days to do the 'paperwork' before they would return it to me. I filed a complaint about that as well. Corporate responded by paying for another year of satellite XM Radio coverage but after 13 corvettes, this is the very last GM product I will ever buy.

Too bad too, because that car is one hell of a ride. I signed up for the GM sponsored driving school at Spring Mountain last month. Cost is $1000.00 for two days at the Ron Fellows school. That course is normally $2900.00 so GM is subsidizing about 70% of the cost. I'll let you know how it works out as my class starts on April 20.

Z06 Lemon Reply

Go for it, go to battle, get a replacement under the LEMON LAW, You are entitled to it !! in MY opinion....

Here is how to fix the problem: #PI1436

instrument cluster dic fix.jpgAn updated software calibration has been released to address these conditions. I have had the instrument cluster reprogramming performed on my Z06 with complete success; it took less than 2 hours. Prior to this reprogramming, it was thought that the whole instrument cluster needed replacement; luckily this was not the case.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom