Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Dealer to whom delivered

Stuart

Corvette
1993 40th Anniversary Coupe
The window sticker from my 1993 has the following:

Dealer to whom delivered
CO SHOW & DISPAY-PASS CAR MDSG
440 Burroughs
Detroit, MI 48202

Delivered to dealer at
Warren, MI

To me it seems like the "dealer" when decoded may be Company Show and Display - Passenger Car Merchandising

Anybody have any insight into where this car was delivered?

I would check the window sticker to see if there was a dealer code that may point you somewhere else beside delivery address

I would check the window sticker to see if there was a dealer code that may point you somewhere else beside delivery address

Hello and thanks for responding.
The sticker has the following codes:
DEALER NO 00-995
SHIP TO DEALER NO 00-185

I checked the NCRS Web site but it was no help. Of course I may not know what to look for. I'm curious about this because the "Dealer To Whom Delivered" does not look like a dealers name.

That is an interesting window sticker, is the car a very early build?

The final digits of the VIN are 104036. I think that means this is car number 4,036 for the year. The driver's door sticker has MFG DATE 10/92. So I guess this is an early build but not "very" early. However, I suppose that it is possible that it's an early example of the "40th Anniversary Appearance Package" with the Ruby Red paint. I don't really know; Just speculation.

With the strange name on the window sticker it got me to wonder if this car went to GM first for some reason before being sold to the public.

The final digits of the VIN are 104036. I think that means this is car number 4,036 for the year. The driver's door sticker has MFG DATE 10/92. So I guess this is an early build but not "very" early. However, I suppose that it is possible that it's an early example of the "40th Anniversary Appearance Package" with the Ruby Red paint. I don't really know; Just speculation.

With the strange name on the window sticker it got me to wonder if this car went to GM first for some reason before being sold to the public.

May have been a promotional car to or for something,. later sold and inserted into the mainstream. A Corvette as a "grand prize" is just about as good as it gets and I've seen many vettes as Prizes in contest or Vegas gaming.

Its a few yrs outside the GM history books....Bowling Green maintains detailed records of every Corvette built, going back about 10 yrs.Almost like medical records. After 10 yrs the info is archived in a box somewhere likely never to be seen again. I utilized that GM service a couple times when my cars were less than 10. The only thing they will not tell you is the name of any previous owners, but they can tell you the city, date sold etc...

Interesting topic. :thumb
I hope you can unravel the mystery.

:wJane Ann

Your theory sounds as good as any. It does not seem to be one of the first 93's built and I am not sure when the Ruby package was introduced. You might want to try posting this in that forum, maybe someone there will know. Have fun figuring it out, let us know what you discover.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom