Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Review: Dealers Smealers

corvette addict

Corvette
2015 Z51 Black/Black
Dealers Smealers every time I hear of a dealer problem it seems always the same. They don't or care about the customer. Oil changes stuff like that is all I pray I ever need. So I need a piece of rubber molding? Supposedly ordered in MAY this is Aug. Probably could have made the piece myself by trial and error in 3 months. Guess the next step is the regional representative.

corvette addict

What piece is it and do you have a part number?

Dealers Smealers every time I hear of a dealer problem it seems always the same. They don't or care about the customer. Oil changes stuff like that is all I pray I ever need. So I need a piece of rubber molding? Supposedly ordered in MAY this is Aug. Probably could have made the piece myself by trial and error in 3 months. Guess the next step is the regional representative.

corvette addict

My friend (Dan), bought a new 2016 Z06 from Rick Conte. Since he lives in NY he had his Z shipped to his home. On his first oil change the dealer said since he didn't buy it from him to call back in September and he'll see if he could fit him in.
At the time he also showed them a defect on the car (front camera) and the dealer told him that he wasn't going to fix it and it should have been rectified from Conte's dealer prep.
Disgusted and upset at how he was spoken down to from the dealer he sent a letter to GM to file a complaint. Short version - they told him there was nothing they could do.
As hard as it is to believe it happened and nothing was done!

My friend (Dan), bought a new 2016 Z06 from Rick Conte. Since he lives in NY he had his Z shipped to his home. On his first oil change the dealer said since he didn't buy it from him to call back in September and he'll see if he could fit him in.
At the time he also showed them a defect on the car (front camera) and the dealer told him that he wasn't going to fix it and it should have been rectified from Conte's dealer prep.
Disgusted and upset at how he was spoken down to from the dealer he sent a letter to GM to file a complaint. Short version - they told him there was nothing they could do.
As hard as it is to believe it happened and nothing was done!

Wow...at least he placed a complaint with GM even though it didn't help.

Wow...at least he placed a complaint with GM even though it didn't help.

This is a perfect example why people with the money to buy a mid engine Vette don't want to go near a Chevy dealer. I have had great experiences with my dealer, and there are really good ones out there, but the reports of crappy Chevy dealer customer service are just too common. After all the frustration of dealing with a dealer who refuses to their job, GM comes along and says "sorry bout' that, but we can't do anything." Seems like the story hasn't changed since - forever.

If GM was smart, they would spin off Corvette as a brand, and let the very best of the dealerships sell them - be they Chevy, Buick or Caddy.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom