Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Deception selling a '64 Coupe on EBay

Corvette
75 Stroker 4spd Frame Off, 05 Cpe 6spd
I sold a 1964 X-Fuelie Coupe to someone who in turn sold it to someone in Mass. I noticed the car on ebay from the person in Mass and the description didn't mention the frame rust and body damage that I was up front about when I sold it. The seller finally added more to his description after many emails... see the first ebay listing http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2481522716&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT

He didn't sell it probably because he had to devulge to the bidders the truth. I see the car again on ebay, but without mentioning the frame rust and body damage again. I emailed the seller one more time and he responded that he was getting annoyed with my interference. He told me he would let anybody know about the frame repair he did if they asked him. I think that is deceptive and told him frame rust and/or repair is of utmost importance for a prospective purchaser and should be desribed up front and not wait for the question! He threated me with a lawyer, but I don't care. I don't like the "don't ask and it won't be told" setup.

This is the current ebay listing:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2484939869&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT

What do you think?

Chuck

Thanks, Chuck; I was watching that auction. Emphasis on "was". ;-)

good info.

Great info..ebay is great if the seller is honest...I just emailed the high bidder of the auction the post from above...we need to take care of each other...Thanks. D

Chuck:
Thanks for the info - -that car is on a couple other Corvette Sale websites - - and the seller's description is absolutely deceptive-- since when is a rusty frame considered "solid" ? If anyone sees it again, report it to E-Bay . . .there are already enough scammers. At a recent law enforcement lecture, someone labeled E-Bay "the greatest reseller of stolen merchandise in the world" . . unfortunately, probably true.

When you see somebody scamming like that and you know for sure they're out to cheat somebody, make a new user ID with ebay and bid like $50K with 5 seconds left. They get charged the fees, you can send immediate feedback saying you used to own the car and the frame is junk.

That ruins him ever selling that car on ebay.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom