Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Decisions....Decisions...Whether to Keep...

tim414

Corvette
2010 '427' Z06 JetStream Blue
Well it's decision time....whether to allow dealer to buy my '09 Z51 Roadster and I buy their '10 Jetstream Blue w/red interior Z06....financing sale 0% for 60....I'm thinking now is the time for Z06 but my '09 Atomic Orange Rdstr is my first Vette and HARD to part with....not to mention there were NOT many like it in '09 BUT I have always told myself Z06 is only Vette that will cause me to part w/ my '09 Z51.....what to do....have to make up my mind tomorrow.....also dealer is not only buying my Z51 but selling me the Z06 for 2500 under invoice (75K) sale price (72,500) (2LZ-sticker 82500) so ...basically they have 0 holdback....they want to move the Z06....had it since December....built on Nov 4th 2009 according to build sheet....number 2477 car for 2010.....I would LOVE a "Z06"..... :confused delimmas.....Jetstream Blue w/red interior is right up my alley.....what's everyone's opinion of the deal and whether Z51 or Z06??? After all, it's free money!!! :) Tim

Update: I decided to get the Z06.....thanks 6 shooter for the cool pic....does Z06 justice except mine will have a painted top same as rest of car (same color as one in pic)....have to leave here in moment and drive to dealership 120 miles away....kinda sad to see my first go....but.....there will be 427 new reasons why I love my new vette!!!! :D I asked salesman to take few pics. Have them in mailbox now.....they are tinting windows now so I'll snap a few more tonite and post the new Z06 in my album for all to see.....back later....

Update 2: Just got home with my Z06 (120 mile road trip from dealership and this was my first time ever driving a 'Z').....OH MY GOD....I NEVER EXPECTED the HUGE difference in it and the '09 Z51.....EVERYTHING IS BETTER....the way it drives, rides, POWER POWER POWER.....Dam, nobody ever told me what I was missing......Z06's rock....first one I've ever driven....I only knew I wanted one...sooooo glad I bought this beast in sheeps clothing....it even shifts smoother...and acts like it has more nervous energy but is still very smooth....the seats are more comfortable too....I like having the space too. Roadsters do limit space....anyway....this Z06 Verses the Z51.....HUGE difference......:) :) :) puts on my face....just saw engine build plate underneath Left engine cover....says that John A. Ross built that engine.....(LS7)

Never did drive the Z51. First Vette I drove was the Z06 which ruined me for anything else. IMO, do the deal only if it makes sense to you. No one knows what's best except you. :thumb

All of that said, I'm sure you've considered that the only down side might be the loss of the rag top. Then again, if that is important to you then you could look at the GS.

Good luck with your decision. Whichever way you decide to go, you can't lose.

Never did drive the Z51. First Vette I drove was the Z06 which ruined me for anything else. IMO, do the deal only if it makes sense to you. No one knows what's best except you. :thumb

All of that said, I'm sure you've considered that the only down side might be the loss of the rag top. Then again, if that is important to you then you could look at the GS.

Two things with me 1) I am planning on owning a "427" when I die....2) why not now....doesn't cost me a dime to buy it....it's the fact that I am about to let go of my first Vette and that does not set well w/me.... ;shrug;shrug

YEP - Looking Good!

chevrolet_corvette_z06_on_360forged_blue_devil_1.jpg

That would be one of only a few that I would get rid of my first corvette for!! You will always remember your first, but when another keeper comes along, the pain shouldn't be too bad!! Good Luck. :thumb

Well it's decision time....whether to allow dealer to buy my '09 Z51 Roadster and I buy their '10 Jetstream Blue w/red interior Z06....financing sale 0% for 60....I'm thinking now is the time for Z06 but my '09 Atomic Orange Rdstr is my first Vette and HARD to part with....not to mention there were NOT many like it in '09 BUT I have always told myself Z06 is only Vette that will cause me to part w/ my '09 Z51.....what to do....have to make up my mind tomorrow.....also dealer is not only buying my Z51 but selling me the Z06 for 2500 under invoice (75K) sale price (72,500) (2LZ-sticker 82500) so ...basically they have 0 holdback....they want to move the Z06....had it since December....built on Nov 4th 2009 according to build sheet....number 2477 car for 2010.....I would LOVE a "Z06"..... :confused delimmas.....Jetstream Blue w/red interior is right up my alley.....what's everyone's opinion of the deal and whether Z51 or Z06??? After all, it's free money!!! :) Tim

Update: I decided to get the Z06.....thanks 6 shooter for the cool pic....does Z06 justice except mine will have a painted top same as rest of car (same color as one in pic)....have to leave here in moment and drive to dealership 120 miles away....kinda sad to see my first go....but.....there will be 427 new reasons why I love my new vette!!!! :D I asked salesman to take few pics. Have them in mailbox now.....they are tinting windows now so I'll snap a few more tonite and post the new Z06 in my album for all to see.....back later....

Congrats on your decision. :beerI'm sure you won't regret it:upthumbs Hopefully, I'll see it and you around soon. By the way, I just sent you a pm.

Go for it, It's only money and making more is easy!:beer

I went for it....brought it home awhile ago....HUGE difference vs Z51......better in every way especially ride.....wide tires and rides better than the Z51 did....handling every thing different....puts a smile on my face....thanks for reply :beer

Congrats on your decision. :beerI'm sure you won't regret it:upthumbs Hopefully, I'll see it and you around soon. By the way, I just sent you a pm.

Hey David....I didn't know there was a car show in town or I would've been there....got Z06 home awhile ago....SWEET cars.....didn't know soooo much different from Z51....I still like my Z51....but honestly they are two different animals is what I've learned....am very glad I went ahead....it's the first Z06 I've ever driven.....just knew I wanted one.... tim

That would be one of only a few that I would get rid of my first corvette for!! You will always remember your first, but when another keeper comes along, the pain shouldn't be too bad!! Good Luck. :thumb

Thanks...got it home awhile ago after 120 mile road trip from dealer. SWEET BEAST are my thoughts.....:) it's hugely different than Z51....first one I driven and all I have to say is nobody told me what I was missing....:beer

Dude....you are soooo correct....I did NOT know what I was missing.....the Z06 vs Z51 are COMPLETELY different animals.....SWEET ride is all I have to say.....:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D al:Dl the way home....:beer tim

That new smile you notice looking the mirror is now permanent! Wait til you get her past 500 miles and can really stomp the right foot. The Vicious Z is a keeper!

We could really use some pix of the new ride once ya get a chance to slow down. :boogie

Wait until Tim discovers "COMP" mode! Pedal feedback in the twistys is fun! Enjoy your car!:thumb

Wait until Tim discovers "COMP" mode! Pedal feedback in the twistys is fun! Enjoy your car!:thumb

"COMP mode" ? Really :D have not read owners manuel yet.....I did find in engine compartment under left engine cover the engine data plate.....motor handbuilt by John A. Ross UAW....is Wixom Performance Build a factory or a place where just engines built???? Tim

"COMP mode" ? Really :D have not read owners manuel yet.....I did find in engine compartment under left engine cover the engine data plate.....motor handbuilt by John A. Ross UAW....is Wixom Performance Build a factory or a place where just engines built???? Tim

NORTY's right. You are going to love Competition mode! :thumb

The GM Performance Build Center in Wixom, MI is the birthplace of the LS7. Each hand-built engine is shipped to the assembly plant in Bowling Green and placed into the aluminum space frame there. That data plate includes the name of the engineer who hand built your engine - Mr. Ross in this case.

Keep an eye out for an upcoming episode on National Geographic Channel called Ultimate Factories. They have an episode covering the production of the C6 Z06. Better yet, take your new Z out for a drive to Bowling Green and tour the factory yourself. Definitely on my list of things to do soon.

Tim, contact Betty @ the museum to get the particulars on your car build date. Also, contact Bearmans about when your engine was built. Call up and chat w/ Mr. Ross (@ Wixom) and tell him what you think of his engine. (They love customer feedback.);)

Betty can also supply you a buildsheet too.:thumb

Tim, contact Betty @ the museum to get the particulars on your car build date. Also, contact Bearmans about when your engine was built. Call up and chat w/ Mr. Ross (@ Wixom) and tell him what you think of his engine. (They love customer feedback.);)

Betty can also supply you a buildsheet too.:thumb

The dealer emailed build sheet...Nov 4th, 2009...VIN ends in 02477.....who is Bearmans??? I do not know how to contact Wixom....incidently, it was John A. Ross whose name is on the data plate on engine....I am member of museum....can I get a build sheet that is laminated? The dealer is looking for me a brochure ('10 Vette)....did not have any when I asked....I know you can buy on net but they cost like 25-30 bucks....why should I buy a brochure when I bought a Vette??? That does not make sense to me....anyway...thanks Norty....tim :beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom