Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Deionizing filters

tsarbar

Corvette
Riverside Red 63 F.I. Coupe, Torch Red 61 w/540
I've heard that after using on of these filters you don't have to wipe your car dry? Has anyone used them.... and if so does anyone have a good source for these filters?

Advice from a Microelectronics Guru.

Dionizing filters remove all contaminants and organic ions from the water. They use them in the silicon processing industry to make Integrated circuit chips, and there must be no contaminants at all to achieve 1/2 micron geometries in the photolithography process. All the active ions are stripped from the water by catalytic resin beads which are treated with acid and caustic solutions separately, them mixed dry in a 50/50 mixture inside the filter. It works well for all cleaning operations as it does not have anything in it that will promote oxidation. It will keep aluminum looking brand new, without any discoloration. The degree of "hardness" of the water that you are using, and how much you run through them will determine how long the filter remains effective. Millipore makes some good large volume filters if you are thinking of a permanent installation. They are somewhat pricey however. Due to the extreme purity of the water, they do tend to grow "bugs" kind of like algea on the filters if they are not used regularly. Also, don't drink from the hose, D.I. water will leach the calcium from your body. Because it has no active ions in it, it will attempt to extract active ions from what ever it contacts.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom