Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Delay wipers in your early shark

69MyWay

Corvette
1969 Killer Shark
Here are two quick pics of the mods I am making to put the delay wipers in. I decided to put the switch back in the original location. The trick here however, is the 84-89 switch has the delay module built in and is much more bulky. To make this work I am mounting it facing down. I am going to fill in the original switch hole, and relight the indicators. I have to bend the electrical clips to the passenger side to clear the dash pad. I also have to rig up a good tight mount to hold it in place as the factory mount holes on the 84-89 bracket fall right on the curve of the housing. I will most likely fill the holes, paint the housing, the pop rivit from underneath into an aluminum plate to hold the switch solid.

View

View

B

Bullitt

Hey Chris, are you changing the whole wiper set-up to the later models concerning the wiper transmission and wiper arms? I'm real curious in seeing how this all turns out. Thanks for boldly going where no man has gone before. :upthumbs

69MyWay

Corvette
1969 Killer Shark
Yep, I slapped on a wiper motor assembly from a 1980 model with the electric wiper pump and cleaner looking housing. Cut the clip out of my old harness. Got some great help from Ken (Broken) with the 84-89 harness and matched up with the old harness.

Here is a final pic of the mounting nut plate I just finished making a few minutes ago.

This is just a matter of some scrap 3/16" aluminum plate, four nut plates, and a little grinder and jig saw action. This is better than putting it in with a rivit and the stainless heads on the screws don't look bad at all if you even ever see them from underneath.

View

69MyWay

Corvette
1969 Killer Shark
Warning/Danger Will Robinson......

Okay,

Cease and desist. Don't try this at home. The C4 switch will not work. I will delete these photos soon, and upload the 82 switch I have now installed. Waiting to hear today if I can get my hands on a complete 82 wiper wire harness and control module.

I will keep you guys posted for those crazy few that want to follow in my foot steps.

Chris

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Parts/Accessories:

Vetteskins

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Partners

Top Bottom